UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> I want to come back to Alabama and kick ass!

7/25/09 12:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Johnathan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys i want to come back down to Alabama and fight!!! I haven't fought there in a couple years. I live in Nashville, Tennessee. I like alabama!!! I am 8-2 fighting in the state of Alabama! I beat Jonathan Brown, Chris Herring, Ashley Rivers, Juan Garcia (twice), James Kneely (twice), Jerry Carroll. I lost to John Brown and Jeb Chiles....I would love a rematch with them 2 dudes!!!! Promoters in Alabama holla at cha boy!!! My e-mail is pinkyring6@aol.com Peace, Johnathan Ivey
7/25/09 3:36 PM
gorillagrappling

You probably would get called more often if you didn't try to get money for your ammy fifhters. Well, at least that's why I never asked you to fight for me.
7/25/09 3:50 PM
Johnathan

um......i get called plenty. There are only 4 or 5 fighters in the world that have fought on more different shows then me, but thanks for the advice anyway. I don't have "ammy fighters" anymore, but my view on that is....If a promoter is selling tickets to a show for money and the guys that are bleeding in the cage ain't getting any little part of it....THAT'S WRONG!!!!!! Nobody buys a ticket to watch a promoter promote, they by a ticket to watch a fighter fight and those kids should get something. Even if it's just gas money or motel. But this thread was about me and i'm a pro with more fights then you have days in the gym training, so is it ok for me to get paid? Holla, Johnathan Ivey
7/25/09 4:21 PM
gorillagrappling

It's true. You do have more fights than I have days in the gym. BUT, you missed out on at least one when you told me I had to pay your ammies a purse. Not just travel money. I consider travel money the amount it actually costs a human to get to the venue. But that's just me. Good luck finding fights. You are always very entertaining.
7/25/09 4:36 PM
Johnathan

Thanks man and sorry i missed out on your show.
7/25/09 11:53 PM
gorillagrappling

Lol. And btw, I was not in a gi today.
7/26/09 9:01 AM
Hiza Geri

Alabama Grapplers' Association, Inc
 (picture Yoda)  "You will be....YOU WILL BE..."
7/26/09 1:00 PM
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

John,

I really, really wish I could afford you! I caught some of your H'ville fights.. good shit, man! One of these days! til then, best of luck, brother.

The next XFC show is Sept. 5 in Tampa. Have you talked to them?

Tom Stedham, owner
SOUTHERN FIGHTING ALLIANCE
next fight: Aug. 22
7/26/09 9:49 PM
Joe Nameth

Damn, are you making that much now ?
Good to see you still in the game.
7/26/09 11:47 PM
Johnathan

Tom E-mail me bro. pinkyring6@aol.com Thanks, Johnathan Ivey
7/27/09 12:11 AM
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I emailed you!
7/27/09 12:52 AM
williepep
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^ I have heard rumors from time to time about the $ Ivey got in Huntsville,

Tom's venue just doesn't seat enough people to be paying that type of $.

That being said Ivey would sure as heck stir up the local crowd with his entrance etc

Those folks would go nuts
7/27/09 11:42 AM
Johnathan

What numbers did you hear bro? It wasn't nothing crazy that's for sure.....
7/27/09 1:03 PM
joey101

i always enjoyed watching you fight john. i will never forget the time you got behind jamie kneely and humped him before you beat him!
7/28/09 6:04 PM
Johnathan

Thanks Joey, at the time i didn't like the idea of having to rematch that dude after i had just beat him in about 60 seconds........
7/29/09 2:04 AM
MMAreaper

hey john out of curiosity would you ever go on TUF to try out for ufc? i know its mostly for noob pros but looking back i've noticed that they have had guys with quite a few fights on there from previous seasons such as tim credur with his 30+ fights. this upcoming season has roy nelson and i think he has like 20+ fights. and i think last i checked you had around the 80 fight marker.
7/30/09 10:34 AM
Johnathan

i have over 100 pro fights. i would love to go on TUF, but i am lazy and never know when they are having try outs for it, and i have alot of assault charges on my record so i don't know if they would let me live in the house.......
7/30/09 11:35 AM
TomStedham

Hey, none of my business, but...

There's a fight in H'ville on Aug. 22. "They" didn't make you an offer? I would have booked you in a heartbeat, if I did pro fights.

I see the big black dude, Barnett, that you fought a while back is becoming a big deal down in Tampa with XFC. I'm going to their Sept. 5 show.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.