UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> Events BJJ - News Update July 09

7/27/09 12:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Elvis
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Events BJJ would like to welcome on board it's latest sponsor... Excessive Force!

Please support all our sponsors. Go to our website... www.eventsbjj.com and click on each of the sponsors links to go to their website. Send them a message letting them know that you appreciate their support of BJJ competitions  in Australia. We need to let them know that what they do is important to us.

Regards,
Elvis Sinosic
Events BJJ

7/27/09 8:05 AM
walbjj
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i can understand the hard work and effort that eventsbjj are doing to secure great sponsors and make the competition the best it can be, but wouldnt getting actual bjj brands be a more appropriate direction to go with sponsorship.

i mean, im all for skulls and crosses on tshirts, in fact, i own none and wouldnt wear one ever, but im sure competitors would appreciate winning a gi, or even a rashguard (plain with no skulls and/or without intimidating slogan or brand name emblazoned on it)

possibly getting rebel sports (probably a stretch) to offer up a voucher or even gnc or vitamin suppliers to chip in would be the go

anyway, the competition is a great step forward, and i hope there is a great turnout
7/27/09 11:59 AM
Elvis
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the suggestions. I should mention we have had Gi's as well as Rashguards as prizes at our Events. We're trying to establish a circuit that gives back to the competitor.  We're looking for sponsors to get more to our competitors. Of course more Gi's would be better but we're not going to turn down other sponsors especially when it's great stuff. I think getting more prizes was a good thing. At our last comp every single division winner received a prize. EVERY SINGLE DIVISION. We also gave out 2nd and 3rd place prizes.

Remember Events BJJ has only been around for a couple of comps so far. To date we have given away Gi's, Rash Shirts, Board Shorts, Tshirts, Beanies, Caps, Wallets, Bags and more. I've seen some of the prizes for this next event and it's great good quality gear. We're working on getting more for the competitors not less.

If you have any contacts for other possible sponsors please let us know and we'll happily follow it up.

Once again thanks to our sponsors, Sinister, Xplosive, Fightwear International and now Excessive Force. If as competitor you appreciate more prizes. Take the time to go and thank the sponsors as well.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Regards,
Elvis Sinosic
Events BJJ
7/27/09 7:56 PM
Elvis

I'm sure if you asked the other event organisers they will tell you how difficult it is to secure good sponsors and keep hold of them. Alot of comps lately have not even had prizes for the winners. It's not an easy task. You can't just take from sponsors. You have to look at giving back as well. That's why I think it's important that we look after the sponsors we have to let them know we appreciate their support.

Of course we're going to continue to look for more sponsors but we'd like to get them on top of what we already have not replace them.

Events BJJ Sponsors: Sinister, Xplosiv, Fightwear International & Excessive Force.

Regards,
Elvis Sinosic
Events BJJ

7/31/09 4:37 AM
Elvis

Hey Guys,

The draws have been completed and are available on the website www.eventsbjj.com the schedule will go up tomorrow.

We also have picked up Amazon Power as a sponsor and they will be at the event selling Acai! Many thanks to them.

We have also had great support from all our sponsors. We have prizes for every single division. We also will be looking after the Black and Brown belts as we appreciate their support of our competition. We will have numerous prizes, Gi's, Tshirts, Bags, Caps, Beanies and much more. Many thanks again to all our sponsors.

Regards,
Elvis Sinosic
Events BJJ
8/1/09 4:55 AM
Elvis

The timetable and schedule are now available online. www.eventsbjj.com

Regards,
Elvis
Events BJJ
8/3/09 1:29 AM
Elvis

Hey Guys,

I need to mention a special thanks to all our sponsors... Sinister, Fightwear International, Excessive Force, Pro Pix, Amazon Power and Xplosiv. With their help we had a great day and were able to secure prizes once again for every single division winner. Not only that. Every division winner received a prize and a voucher valued at $40 and up. With the abundance of prizes we were also able to give out  2nd & 3rd place prizes to some of the higher divisions. We gave out EVERY SINGLE item that we received from the sponsors. On top of that every competitor received with their Events BJJ Beanie a $10 online voucher as well.

If you competed and appreciated having prizes and have the time please go to our website www.eventsbjj.com click on the sponsors logos and send them a message. Let them know that you appreciate their support of our Event.

Many thanks,
Elvis Sinosic
Events BJJ
8/3/09 1:37 AM
Old Boxer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are the results up yet?
8/3/09 1:40 AM
Elvis

LOL... Give us some time. There are 50 divisions to enter. I hope to have them up as soon as possible.

Regards,
Elvis Sinosic
Events BJJ
8/3/09 1:48 AM
Old Boxer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Highlights?
8/3/09 2:07 AM
Elvis

We gave out an award for fastest finish of the day. Robert Sabarudin with a flying armbar in 8secs won the prize.

The Brown Belts was a tough division with Ross Dallow taking out first place.

Elvis
Events BJJ
8/12/09 7:59 PM
Elvis

Full results are now online at www.eventsbjj.com

Elvis
Events BJJ

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.