UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Korean Tacos

7/29/09 4:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
samichlaus
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/29/09 5:51 PM

Well one of my favorite lunch spots jumped on the Korean taco bandwagon that has had the S. Cal foodies geeked up for the last 6 months.  I thought I should give it a try.Korean tacos are just Korean style meat in a tortilla, topped with julienned romaine lettuce and cabbage slaw, with a sesame, chili vinaigrette.  I had a beef, (short rib), taco.  Good stuff.  The fatty, sweet, savory & salty rib meat worked well in the taco.  I like it.  Has me inspired to try this at home.  It's not going to replace traditional Mexican, but it's certainly an interesting change of pace.

View from the parking lot.  I can't imagine being the paint department guy at Home Depot when these fuckers decide they want to spruce thing up.

View of the mural from my seat.  Keepin' it classy.

The infamous Korean taco.  Made with real Koreans.

Shrimp burrito opened up about to get drenched with salsa & lime.

7/29/09 5:44 PM
Decado24
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

were the heck is this place in so cal?
7/29/09 5:51 PM
samichlaus
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

899 W 19th St
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 645-4964
7/30/09 7:15 AM
Pito Chueco
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds interesting......curious to find out how it works out when you make it at home
8/4/09 7:10 AM
Vegaschowder
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck do i ever miss so cal ...
8/4/09 9:37 AM
crescentwrench
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roadside food is the freakin' best.  At least when they're not shut down by the health department.  I'd stab my wife for a decent roach coach in this town.  
8/5/09 3:13 AM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What sami is referring to by "Korean taco bandwagon" is a taco truck(s) that serves Korean-Mexican "fusion". They've grown immensely popular in SoCal, sometimes commanding 1-hour lines. They primarily use twitter to communicate where the trucks will be at any given time. Sometimes people show up 30 minutes before the truck even gets there. http://kogibbq.com/
8/6/09 10:28 AM
samichlaus

Bobby Lupo -  A place just popped up in NY that does Korean Tacos. I had the rib one also. It was pretty good, I'm a fan of the kimchee and pickled veg they put in it and the added Siracha. It's a nice changeup, but it's no Carne Asada

+1
8/7/09 5:23 AM
sabrutat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" I'd stab my wife for a decent roach coach in this town."

I really hope you wouldn't, mate.

I used to eat off the roach coaches all the time I was roofing, until one time I bit through a taco and several maggots contained therein.

Didn't eat off one since until about a year ago. Got in the groove and was eating off them every day for months until, about 6 months ago, the same shit happened.

Never again. Fucking never.

Cheers

Stef
11/2/09 10:27 AM
BettyHumpter
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/10/09 5:38 PM
Equus

That sounds really good. I've been thinking lately how there need to be some Asian/Latin American fusion places, so hearing this made me happy.
11/10/09 11:52 PM
Mark1

LOL @ the chicks in the painting. 

is it wrong that I kinda got hard looking at it?

Mark
11/13/09 11:59 AM
MikeZev
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.kravetruck.com
11/16/09 1:01 PM
DevilDawg

LMAO at the mural. If they wanted to keep things authentic, the chicks should have been 40lbs fatter, shorter and a darker.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.