UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> 75th Ranger Medics

7/29/09 7:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
oblongo
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do they just do the SOCM course, or do any of them complete the full 18D course?
8/3/09 11:13 AM
smileythai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The SOCM course sent medics/corpsman to my old hospital as part of their clinical training. As far as I know, Ranger medics do the short course just like the SEAL/Recon corpsman and occasional PsyOps medic and PJ(though I was told they stopped sending their people to SOCM because of poor graduation rates).

But like the SEAL/Recon corpsman, I believe Ranger medics can eventually come back for the 18D course once they've got some time in grade...don't quote me on that, though.
8/3/09 6:51 PM
YPO
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They have to go to SOCM to be in regiment. Medics that work in USASOC go to SOCM. It's a W1 ASI.

I ask one of the BN surgeons this today and he said they haven't sent any to the 18D course for a while, and that as a Ranger there isn't any need for certain subjects like veterinary.
8/3/09 9:31 PM
smileythai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Pretty much the same reason why corpsman don't attend the 18D course right away. And if I'm not mistaken, when they do go back it's more or less their IDC school for promotion points.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.