Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ideologic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is from Ken's blog on www.takedowns101.com
9/23/09 4:39 PM
supersaiyan

and ppl say BJJ doesnt work inthe street... its an effective tool and ANYthing is better than nothing..

i cant rmr what issue# of GRACIEmag it was but it did a very good read on personal use of GJJ/BJJ to save their lives.

u should put this on the BJJ forum :) i rmr Grandmaster Munsors son even had a story in there.
9/23/09 6:25 PM
Ideologic

Honestly when I posted this I expected a few negative responses. I was pleasantly surprised.

What I like about it is that this skill set is something you can learn from most any martial art, whether it be BJJ, Kung Fu, Muay Thai, Silat, whatever. If your training is truly improving you as a person outside the gym (as it should be), then it doesn't matter what style you prefer - you should be able to recognize when it is a good idea to fight and when it is not and make the informed and intelligent decision based on the circumstances.
12/25/09 1:02 AM
shen
819 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/25/09 1:04 AM
At LEAST pull guard... Something.
12/25/09 6:22 PM
WidespreadPanic

Many people overlook one of the most important aspects. Know your guns. Know how to tell if someone is carrying, know how to tell if a safety is on, if a gun is loaded (obviously, most of the time you can't tell), know how guns work, accuracy (Sat Night Specials are notoriously inaccurate), range (outside 25 feet most people only hit you if they're lucky - only 20-30% of people shot at are hit in some cases, like muggings).

Also, -knowing- any counters isn't enough - you have to practice them constantly, and most people aren't going to do that. Just because some guys with 'Circus performer' skills can disarm a guy with a gun, doesn't mean you can do it.

$0.02

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.