UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 'Judo' Jim Wallhead on UFC's Radar now? Interview

7/31/09 6:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMAunltd
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Unlimited, Online Editor

We caught up with Jimmy Wallhead, arguably the UK's best unsigned prospect to get his take on his next fight, his prospects and what it takes to get his big chance! 

Zelaznik of UK UFC has said that he is 'on their radar' so hopefully a big win against Manu Garcia will see Jim finally get the chance he deserves.

“This is the first fight offer I’ve had since the Toldo fight,” Jim mused, discontented. While Marshall Zelaznik has apparently noted eyes are on Wallhead, he doesn’t know much about it. “As usual I’ve got no prospects. I’ve had enough of keeping my hopes up. I’m just gonna go into the fights and try and enjoy them now. One day I’m gonna f**k up because that’s the sport and then my UFC chances might be gone but it’s out of my hands. I missed out on The Ultimate Fighter and the M-1 through injury. Whatever happens from here happens.”

http://www.mmaunltd.com/feature-detail.asp/NewsID/596/judo-jim-talks-manu-garcia.htm
7/31/09 6:51 AM
Hankman81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember seeing Jim in "I've Got a High Maintenance Husband" documentary, seemed like a good guy. Hope he gets his shot in UFC.
7/31/09 8:54 AM
kainer2
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy is a good guy and deserves his shot.

I think he could be very marketable as the blue collar/working class hero fighting to feed his family. Whilst also having the skills to backit up. He has good takedowns and takedown defence and his striking is getting better too.
7/31/09 11:13 AM
MMAunltd
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely marketable. Great guy with good talent. Hopefully he'll get his big break soon.
8/3/09 11:37 AM
MMAunltd

One of Wallhead's wins last year.

Currently on a good streak and has two KO's in his last two bouts both against international fighters!
8/3/09 11:51 AM
taylork3
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So he should be on the radar!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.