UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> SFA fight Aug. 22 in Brookwood

7/31/09 12:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brookwood, AL. Sat. Aug. 22; doors open at 6; fights start at 7.

Main Event: Heavyweight title fight:
Jasper's Braxton "the Beast" Smith vs
Champion MMA's Walt Harris
Both fighters are 6-1. This will be an awesome fight!

Ten fights scheduled, from across Alabama. Team Relentless, Team Insanity, Team Sinister, Ground Zero, Champions MMA, Team RAZE, and more. Gonna be a great night of fighting!

Tix are $20 in advance; $25 at the door. Burgers, soft drinks, etc. at the AIR CONDITIONED venue.

As always, celebrities will be in attendance...

Last show, I had WWE Diva Debra. She will be back. So will the fat kid from Return of Swamp Thing.

'08 Olympic bronze medal winner pro boxer Deontay Wilder will be there.

And how about a pro MMA fighter who was on TUF and a vh1 reality show? Hmmmm.... He just might be there also.

Stay tuned! Oh, and of course, I'll be there, talking about me and my movies. That's the best part of the show, right?

'cause I just signed a 3-picture deal with...
oh, and I'm doing an MMA training & conditioning dvd with...
oh, and doing a movie this fall in Tuscaloosa with...
see ya there! Come see what all the ruckus is about.
7/31/09 2:12 PM
MOWA Outlaw
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously, this "Team" $#!+ is getting ridiculous.
7/31/09 4:49 PM
Josh J

Agreed.

I've heard of teams from Cullman who don't even have a school here. It's just 2 or 3 friends who play fight in their back yard and call themselves a team.

I like names like Triad Martial Arts Academy, Spartan Fitness, Champions MMA, etc.
8/2/09 1:02 AM
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, but if they called themselves just plain "Insanity" or "Sinister" it would sound .. Oh, wait. You're right; this shit has gotten out of hand! lol...

This is probably not a good time to reveal that my own personal MMA fight team is "TEAM LONE WOLF"...

Seriously...

I mean, it is just ME, and it's kind of funny in a way..

Ok, I'll stop now.

But I've already ordered shirts!!!
8/2/09 1:25 AM
williepep
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom feel free to ad WilliePep to your list of celebs that will be in attendance
8/2/09 12:17 PM
TomStedham

I just confirmed another big name...

Olympic medalists.
movie stars.
pro mma fighters.
pro boxers.
rasslers.

I love my job!!!
8/2/09 12:21 PM
Josh J

I will be there. When I was 8 I walked around in the background on an episode of "In the Heat of the Night". You can add me to that list.
8/3/09 3:34 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MOWA had the best one at the Dothan JJ tourney last year. I asked him what team the guy I was going against in the first round was from...

"Team Youtube".
8/3/09 5:43 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a few real teams that I have seen pop up....

Team No Joke....seriously?

Team Swamp Donkey...I swear to God...who comes up with this shit.

and of course, my favorite.

Jits Supremacy, which I hear actually shut down already.

Tom Barnard who was on the JS comp team posted this on blackeye, saying it shut down and that he was not surprised because his coach was a liar.
8/3/09 5:43 AM
Stranglehold26

WAR SWAMP DONKEY!
8/4/09 5:01 PM
TomStedham

Swamp Donkey is one of the "teams" who won't fight for me because of my square cage. "I don't like those corners, man."

Ummm.... ok. I'm still in business.

So come out Aug. 22 and see the show.

I'm still in Oregon doing a horror movie. I'll be back in Alabama on the 11th.

The GI tournament is blowing up. I think it's gonna surprise some people.
8/4/09 11:42 PM
williepep
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TomStedham - Swamp Donkey is one of the "teams" who won't fight for me because of my square cage. "I don't like those corners, man."

Ummm.... ok. I'm still in business.

So come out Aug. 22 and see the show.

I'm still in Oregon doing a horror movie. I'll be back in Alabama on the 11th.

The GI tournament is blowing up. I think it's gonna surprise some people.

About the GI tournmanent, the AGA has Mr Stedham to thank.
8/5/09 2:32 AM
countrypimp

you get two guys "training" together, some tapout shirts, some unearned nicknames, and you have a team. We have so many teams down here that south alabama is mma's BUM LEAGUE!!
8/5/09 5:59 AM
Josh J

"Blowing up"? I wish. I still haven't heard anyone from any school other than ours say they are going.
8/5/09 9:51 AM
williepep

Edited: 08/05/09 9:53 AM
Josh J - "Blowing up"? I wish. I still haven't heard anyone from any school other than ours say they are going.

Ask the AGA about this, Mr Stedham is providing the venue, shooting a movie, and producing an MMA show that takes place on 8/22.

Please direct your comments to the AGA (Hiza), do not disturb the talent during a shoot.

As you have heard Mr Stedham is on location in Oregon, in all likelyhood he is being hounded by the paparazzi. Hm a Sheriff in Oregon, just like First Blood.

Watch Platoon of the Dead
8/5/09 1:28 PM
Josh J

He made the statement. I was just looking for clarification.

You're not the boss of me.
8/5/09 11:17 PM
MMAreaper

hey tom who are your current champs in each weight class?
8/6/09 12:37 AM
williepep

MMAreaper -  hey tom who are your current champs in each weight class?

come watch them 8/22....Be there!

Current? Did you know that currently Mr Stedham is working on his new movie in Oregon?

Champs don't know about all that, but I do know the SFA shows are more fun than the other shows I have watched.
8/6/09 12:43 AM
williepep

Josh J - He made the statement. I was just looking for clarification.

You're not the boss of me.

Just looking? Well if you are looking for the best thing to do on 8/22, you should watch the SFA show.

Boss? Yes Mr Stedham, the boss of the Southern Fighting Alliance is producing yet another entertaining show on 8/22.

Josh J the papparazi usually bugs Mr Stedham during his shows. Since you had a spot in an episode of In the Heat of the Night, keep your eye out.

TMZ could be lurking 8/22 on the night of the next Southern Fighting Alliance Show.

Be There!
8/6/09 9:00 PM
TomStedham

Geez, somebody needs to cut back on their Red Bull intake...

But, since EVERYBODY is talking about my movie, here's a few pics.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=125078265&albumID=2551777&imageID=41375322

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=125078265&albumID=2551777&imageID=41375329
(oh, also on facebook!)

I will, of course, save the big, important announcement for the live, paying audience. But it is big...

So y'all should probably come to the show (on Aug. 22 in Brookwood) and "see what all the ruckus is about."
8/8/09 9:03 AM
Hiza Geri

Alabama Grapplers' Association, Inc
 Geez, somebody needs to cut back on their Red Bull intake...

lol
8/14/09 10:15 AM
TomStedham

To add to my star-studded event...

vh1's BIG RIG confirmed that he will be at the fight.

The UG knows him best from TUF Season 7, where Rampage called him "Mississippi". He lost his fight and didn't get to move into the house...

And some of you watched him (but you won't admit it!) this year on vh1's DAISY OF LOVE, where he was known as BIG RIG.

And a very, very few will remember him from the first SFA show in Dec. '06, when he beat Jason Sanderson. And the second show, where he went 5 brutal rounds with Robert Thompson in a middleweight title fight, losing by ONE POINT. He got his front tooth knocked out!
Had we been fighting in Mississippi...

He's Jeremiah Riggs. Trained with Frank Shamrock, Matt Hughes, etc. So, if you needed another reason to come to my show (in addition to the Olympic champions, WWE Divas and movie stars that will be there!) then here it is. Come see Jeremiah Riggs, and ask him why he threw up because of the skunk smell on Daisy of Love... (That was some funny shi*t!)

OH, and of course, TEN REALLY GOOD MMA FIGHTS! See Champions MMA's WALT HARRIS take on Jasper's BRAXTON SMITH for the SFA Heavyweight title... Both fighters are 6-1.

The building is air-conditioned, with plenty of cold soft drinks and hot food available... And there's that GI grappling tournament starting at 10 am.

COME TO BROOKWOOD!!!
8/15/09 5:30 PM
countrypimp

I want a TEAM SWAMP DONKEY shirt! Someone hook me up!!
8/16/09 6:50 AM
TomStedham

Oh, don't you start!!! Now there's some local "fighters" calling themselves Team aKillez... WTF does that mean???

I'm reasonably sure I've killed more people than the entire team put together. Actually I doubt they've killed anyone at all, so I'm just a little confused by their name.

And, seriously, I've had people ask ME for one of my shirts, ever since I said my team was called TEAM LONE RANGERS... Sigh.

It's a JOKE, people... Did anyone see AIRHEADS???
8/16/09 3:03 PM
Josh J

Got the full fight card posted anywhere?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.