UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> SFA fight Aug. 22 in Brookwood

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/18/09 7:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/18/09 11:37 PM
Okay, it's almost time...

MAIN EVENT:
Braxton Smith vs Walt Harris for the SFA Heavyweight belt. Both fighters are 6-1.

Mike Gann vs Justin Traweek. Justin is coming off his big Birmingham win. This is a 300-lb fight.

Jim Henderson (0-0) vs James Logan (4-1).
Monty Crowder (0-0) vs Johnathan McCollum (0-0).
Chris Hobson (0-0) vs Daniel Calloway (0-0).
Bradley Johnson (1-0) vs Cody Tolbert.
Kyle York (3-1) vs JR Allen (1-0).

Also on the card:
Boo Morrison and Matt Simmons, TEAM RELENTLESS, Brookwood facing Florida fighters.

Eleven fights scheduled, and this is my 11th show. Cool, huh?...

Come see the action in my distinct 16' SQUARE CAGE. See what all the ruckus is about.
8/18/09 11:51 PM
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To quell a rumor going around...

There are no teams that are not welcome at my shows... There are, however, individuals who are not welcome.

The easiest way to be barred from fighting on my show is for a trainer to tell me that he won't allow his fighters to fight on my show. (Although, actually that's the trainer preventing his fighters from fighting, not me barring them...)

And, of course, disrupting a show and threatening the owners. That's an easy way to be barred.

But, anybody who hasn't done either of these things, you're probably welcome at my show... I don't care where you train. As long as you behave like an adult, you can watch or fight.

Saturday, Aug. 22, 7 pm, the G. G. Hardin Center in Brookwood. Come see some damn good fights!
8/19/09 12:09 PM
TomStedham

Edited: 08/19/09 10:19 PM
8/19/09 6:13 PM
TomStedham

Edited: 08/19/09 6:30 PM
You could have let him fight... He was facing an 0-4 fighter! I would have announced his fight team; I wasn't gonna just say "from Tuscaloosa...".

But, as Robert used to say,

"ONE MONKEY DON'T STOP NO SHOW!"
8/19/09 7:01 PM
Josh J
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know that Daniel Calloway kid. He was in my little brothers class. He's an idiot. I don't know what he's doing fighting. He's never trained. Last time I talked to him he was a WWE wannabee.

That should be an interesting fight.
8/19/09 10:12 PM
TomStedham

Innnnnnteresting... I was told he's been training pretty hard. I guess we'll see.
8/19/09 10:33 PM
Josh J
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he's been training his ass off, it will be a fun fight to watch.

If he lied and completely sucks, it will be a fun fight to watch.

It's a win/win situation.
8/19/09 11:23 PM
TomStedham

! well, I can't argue with that... lol. Hey, when a grown man tells me he's training and wants to fight...

I'm gonna put him in the cage!
8/20/09 2:12 AM
TomStedham

Edited: 08/20/09 2:14 AM
Well, the local photographer who tried to screw me over is posting on myspace again... urging all fighters to stay away from me, the "backyard promoter" and instead go fight for... guess who? Ta-da! His new bestest buds. The people who don't like ME!

Wow... he says my "spray painted cage" is unsafe, and is "unapproved by the upcoming commission." Interesting.

My SPRAY-PAINTED SQUARE CAGE, with ordinary chain-link walls, has had more than 100 individual fights in it. Guess how many people have been hurt in those fights?

(because of the cage, of course... not from getting their ass kicked in the middle of it!)

Z E R O ... That's right AB-SO-FUCKING-LUTELY NO-ONE has been hurt in my "dangerous" cage. But this loser claims that my cage is somehow "unsafe." The same cage that several people train in every week... injury free. So, it has a ZERO INJURY RATE!!! Hard to beat that, huh?

EVERYONE who has complained about my cage is someone who a) has NEVER fought in it, or even seen it, b) is connected to a "rival promotion" or promoter, or c) is a freakin' idiot. Usually it's all three!

One Mississippi fighter told me "that square cage is bullshit, man!"... but he got his ass beat in someone else's hex cage. Hey, it ain't the cage, bro!!! Spend less time in the tatto parlor, and more time in the gym, maybe...

Someone, seriously, please tell me how a SQUARE CAGE can be "dangerous" or "unsafe"... Or how "spray-painted chain-link fencing" is unsafe. SERIOUSLY!

And, then after you come up with some wildly implausible explanation, relate that to the fact that NO-ONE HAS BEEN HURT IN MORE THAN 100 INDIVIDUAL MATCHES!!!

I'm on here every day, so I'll be waiting for your reply... I've got all the time in the world. Go ahead...

And don't say some BS like "the chain link can cut a fighter." THEN WHY HASN'T THAT HAPPENED IN MORE THAN 100 MATCHES???

Or "a fighter could get trapped in the corner." So? He could get slammed on the really, really hard 2x12s on the floor, too. Get the F*CK OUT OF THE CORNER!

What kind of shitty gym doesn't train for that??? Am I the only person who trains at a gym that teaches the "slip and slide"???

Geez, I know I'm old, but I started in a BOXING RING and a WRESTLING RING. And the trainers were really, really MEAN. If you LET YOURSELF get caught, that was your ass. You'd be doing box jumps forever. Seriously, don't people train for this sort of thing? Most people teach how to stand up by sliding your back up the fence, etc. Cage specific stuff. Don't they teach MOVEMENT??? Wow.

The funniest part is where this loser called me a "backyard promoter." Wow... That hurt. I've only promoted TEN SHOWS so far; 7 of them in the BIGGEST BUILDING FOR RENT IN TUSCALOOSA! One drew almost ONE THOUSAND PEOPLE! And 3 in Brookwood, one of which drew EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTY PAID ADMISSION! How backyard is that???

I'm only the SINGLE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR STARTING MMA IN TUSCALOOSA! Geez... Some people just don't want to give credit where credit is due, do they?

Back yard? My building has FOUR WALLS, AC and a floor... I think that should be the minimum standard. I think everyone can agree on that.

Well, not everyone...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.