UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Fade To Black cover

8/2/09 2:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ryan Wood
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please forgive the bad job of the clean/verse guitars, I'm still not very good at that kind of thing. The end harmony and solo has a lower audio quality than the rest of the song, what I did was edit in a recording I did a few. At the time when I was recording that part I think I had a fan or something running, there's some kind of noise over top of it. Anyways, please leave your comments and criticisms if you have any, I'm always open to suggestion, such as "Turn up the good, turn down the suck"! lol Gear used: Guitar: Ibanez RG350 (Blocked trem and a Dimebucker in the bridge) Amp: Peavey ValveKing 112 Effects: Digitech RP350 DAW: Audacity
8/3/09 7:34 PM
T Bag
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good job--that was always my favorite metallica song even though Im not a huge fan or anything.

You definietly need to clean up some things though--you're often out of time. Practice the song slowly with a metronome until you can get it up to speed. Also, you need a bit of work on bending to pitch.

Goof job overall though and the tone was pretty good.
8/4/09 1:25 PM
MysteryOpponent
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You need to tune your guitar, as well.
8/5/09 1:04 AM
Ryan Wood
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T Bag -  good job--that was always my favorite metallica song even though Im not a huge fan or anything.

You definietly need to clean up some things though--you're often out of time. Practice the song slowly with a metronome until you can get it up to speed. Also, you need a bit of work on bending to pitch.

Goof job overall though and the tone was pretty good.

Thanks for the compliments and the suggestions, dude. I'm not a very good lead player and it shows on this recording. Was the rhythm out of time anywhere? The overdriven bits have the guitars mixed hard left and right and I probably didn't do a very good job locking them into each other, that's probably where the timing problems come from.

MysteryOpponent - You need to tune your guitar, as well.

That's funny, the first thing I do every day when I pick up my guitar is tune it. Perhaps you should tune your ears?
8/5/09 8:26 AM
MysteryOpponent
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, the funny thing is that you stated you were open to suggestions such as "turn up the good, turn down the suck", but are apparently offended by someone suggesting you tune your guitar, which it clearly needs.

The clean sections is where it's most obvious.
8/5/09 8:30 AM
MysteryOpponent

Hell, I'll even you give you the string. It's the G string.

When you're hitting that open G note repeatedly in the verse, it is noticeably flat.
8/5/09 2:25 PM
Dirt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how long did it take you to learn that song?

I like it. Of course there are some differences between you and Hammet, but shit, it's Hammet. Not to undermine anyones' advice.
8/6/09 10:15 PM
Fite
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bravo mr. wood- as i recall you havn't been playing very long so great job. I assume you were covering the live version no? the dancing t-rex made me laugh out loud
8/14/09 10:50 AM
alpo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where'd you get the drum track? Also, how long have you been playing?  It sounds pretty good.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.