UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> diet recipes???

8/2/09 9:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CHISM205
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need some food ideas or recipes...i'm starting my diet back tomorrow for a weight class drop. If u have ever dieted u know that after a few days u dont want to even see grilled or baked chicken anymore so if someone has any ideas for healthy food i would appreciate it.
8/6/09 2:38 PM
DarksideBjjer

JOOZETSU DIET. MIX HAMBARGER WITH STEAK.
8/7/09 12:02 PM
Eatin Applesauce

hmmm i brown ground turkey and season it with italian herbs and sprinkle mrs dash no salt seasoning,steam broccoli and cut the broccoli up and put the ground turkey in a bowl and mix it together with some low fat honey mustard sauce!
8/8/09 4:34 PM
U4EA
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

marksdailyapple.com

Do a search for recipes. They are paleo (no starches), easy to make and very healthy.
8/11/09 10:36 AM
Skiddle

im dropping weight now myself (235 to 209) to prep for a tournament. Currently i eat, raw leafy spinach (60 cal. for a big $3 bag) w/ no fat balsamic vinegrette (5 cal./serving), egg whites (45 cal./egg), water, and frozen fruit bars (58 cal./bar) made out of nothing but fruit (pulp). Additionaly, on days of hard work outs, i am eating a small portion of Quinoa to help repair muscles and deliver more amino acids. My good fat and additional protein is coming from cashews and sunflower kernels, both unsalted. Drinking black tea, and pomegrante juice for the variety of health benefits. Don't forget the really cold water to make your body burn calories. This doesn't seem like much but the adjustment is easy for me because i am a vegeterian. Hope some of these ideas help. Also, i find garlic powder, crush pepper flakes, and black pepper.
8/13/09 3:56 PM
WidespreadPanic

Skiddle - im dropping weight now myself (235 to 209) to prep for a tournament. Currently i eat, raw leafy spinach (60 cal. for a big $3 bag) w/ no fat balsamic vinegrette (5 cal./serving), egg whites (45 cal./egg), water, and frozen fruit bars (58 cal./bar) made out of nothing but fruit (pulp). Additionaly, on days of hard work outs, i am eating a small portion of Quinoa to help repair muscles and deliver more amino acids. My good fat and additional protein is coming from cashews and sunflower kernels, both unsalted. Drinking black tea, and pomegrante juice for the variety of health benefits. Don't forget the really cold water to make your body burn calories. This doesn't seem like much but the adjustment is easy for me because i am a vegeterian. Hope some of these ideas help. Also, i find garlic powder, crush pepper flakes, and black pepper.

That sounds like a great plan. Ellington Darden popularized the idea of drinking ice water to cause calories to be burned when the body heats it up. At first this was thought to be nonsense, but now the 'experts' are not so sure. What is your experience with that?

On the balsamic vinaigrette, you might consider mixing a tablespoon of Bariani's extra virgin olive oil (the best!) with vinegar on the spot and making your own. Not sure what the ingredients are in your prep. It might be a few more calories, but imo, this special kind of EV-olive oil is well worth it.

Are you buying Quinoa flour or taking it as a supplement in capsules or what? TIA

8/13/09 3:58 PM
WidespreadPanic

Eatin Applesauce - hmmm i brown ground turkey and season it with italian herbs and sprinkle mrs dash no salt seasoning,steam broccoli and cut the broccoli up and put the ground turkey in a bowl and mix it together with some low fat honey mustard sauce!

One trick I use on the broccoli is to break it into florettes, then put in a baggie and freeze it. Then you can thaw in warm water, or microwave for a very short time, and it's as good as steamed (which causes nutrients to be lost). The freeze-thawing breaks down the cellulose walls and makes it soft, like steaming, and more digestible. It's very quick, too.

8/27/09 6:12 PM
koreviewz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KO-REVIEWS.COM, OWNER
 Chism, there is some pretty good stuff called Tru Chocolate that really helps with appetite and it's loaded with anti-oxidants.  It's chocolate but no sugar or anything.  Pretty good stuff.

http://success-and-health.blogspot.com/
8/28/09 11:32 AM
Svenghalli

Look for foods that are the most nutritionally dense and eat those. Goji berries, raw grains oat meal, cacao nibs(real chocolate)obviously leafy greens, and your proteins.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.