UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> BBQ sauce

8/3/09 3:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JG440
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was wondering if anyone had a decent BBQ sauce recipe? Something that would go on either beef brisket or pulled pork. I generally use Stubbs to put the meat in after smoking it. If anyone has anything remotely close to that I would greatly appreciate it.
8/3/09 8:41 AM
crescentwrench
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anything that didn't go too heavy on the sugar, nothing like Kansas City style pancake syrup.

For pulled pork my sauce is cider vinegar, hot sauce, and a little bit of the spice rub used on the pulled pork.  That's how they do it in NC, that's good enough for me.  Oh, and coleslaw in the sammich.  That's right, IN the sammich.  I know, right?

But anyway, if you're looking online, just look for one that's got a good amount of vinegar, doesn't rely too terribly much on tomato based ingredients (ie ketchup with some cayenne pepper thrown in) and easy on the sugar.  After that it's pretty much stirring and tasting.   I don't have a recipe and it will never come out the same.  
8/17/09 8:52 PM
tarado4
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have used this with many things - and people love the sauce

Bone Suckin' Sauce
1/2 cup water
1 cup ketchup
1/2 apple or cranapple juice
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (more or less to taste)
2 teaspoons dry mustard
2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
2 Tablespoons molasses
1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons honey
1 t ground fresh horseradish

Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes

hope you enjoy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.