UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> More results - MSM and Chondroitin supplementation

1/6/12 6:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OctagonSoldier
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry guys, WSP overdosed on MSM and is with us no more.
1/12/12 8:15 AM
WidespreadPanic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OctagonSoldier -  Sorry guys, WSP overdosed on MSM and is with us no more.

Hah, that's not too far from wrong. It's given me a lot more mobility so I'm out a lot more in the last two years (since April 2010) and not on the forums as much.

I'm now doing it twice a day and using a slightly different method and have added some supplementation changes.

1/12/12 9:19 AM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Such as ?
1/12/12 10:59 AM
OctagonSoldier
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea, what is your final supplementation protocol?  Did you ever add in glucosamine?
2/7/12 8:25 PM
OctagonSoldier

I've taken up the quest started by WindespreadPanic, and ordered a tub of Lignisul MSM from msm-msm.com

On the program with 1/8 teaspoon twice a day, increaseing 1/8 teaspoon each week for now.  I'll give updates on how it goes.

I've read a LOT of documentation regarding Chondroitin, and there is no evidence that it works at all, so I'm not taking it.

I want to take Glucosamine, because there is documented proof that it works, BUT I can't find a pure source (like with MSM) that does not have KCl (Potassium Chloride) in it as part of the manufacturing process.  From what I have read, KCl is extremely bad for you, so I want no part of it.  If anyone knows of a pure source of Glucosamine, let me know, I'll add it into the mix.
2/7/12 8:35 PM
OctagonSoldier

To clarify, there seem to be two types of glucosamine available,

Glucosamine Sulfate and

Glucosamine Hydrochloride.

The sulfate is supposed to be the one that works, but cant find that without KCl.
7/1/12 2:20 AM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's actually a method to aquire natural glucosomine from boiling a cow's bone....but I'm not doing that. Sucks about the KCI
7/1/12 3:00 AM
WidespreadPanic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another product that I've found works, though it has a 'bad' ingredient is an MSM cream that I use on my face. There's an Evil Yoshida thread about face creams that talks about it.

99% pure MSM cream Trimedica, three jars (4 oz) for $13.95. I put them in all my bathrooms (I have four), and at the kitchen sink and in my travel bag. That way it's always within reach. One jar and I tend to lose it in the bottom of a bag, lol. Some of the other types in the Amazon reference similar products lists seem comparable.

HOWEVER, this stuff really works for me. A six month period of using it right after a shower has:
1. Removed the dark circles under my eyes;
2. Smoothed out the skin on my face above the brow, sides of the eyes (crinkle);
3. Makes my skin feel tight, like an astringent;
4. Reduced some of the neck skin de-elasticity of age (I'm 61).

I don't like that it has paraben in it but since it works, I'm doing an on and off routine. Six months on, one month off. Paraben and other preservatives allow for the cosmetics companies to sell the product and not have it 'spoil' on the shelf. Ideally, you'd have fresh stuff, maybe make up your own from the crystals. I just like the stuff I stumbled upon at a health food store.

Here's a partial list of "bad stuff"
fragrance,
glycols,
petrochemicals,
phenoxyethanol,
1.4 dioxane, phthalates,
TEA/DEA,
formaldehydes 
SLS and SLES (Sodium Lauryl / Laureth Sulphate) and
Artificial Colors/Coal Tar dyes

You can look up cosmetics here. A lower number is better. Not all are listed. Trimedica product (one listed) had low tox over other creams, though it does have parabens (a guess since it's 99% pure MSM).

The main thing is to use it religiously - every time I wash my face or shower I put some on (about the size of a nickel or a dime, 1/8th inch tall blob.) I don't like to get something with additives, like DHEA or other oils plus MSM because you can't tell which ingredient is helping (or breaking you out). This doesn't cause me breakouts or pimpling. Again, not medical advice, just some musing on what worked. I had obvious dark circles - but not horrible like some people. I'm not sure how long it took, maybe a month or three of 1-2 daily use. 

I think any of the MSM pasty creams will work for reducing wrinkling and even (gasp!) filling in some areas of hair loss, such as around the temples and thinning eyebrows! Read some of the Amazon reviewer claims:

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.