UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Japanese Kanji Idea

8/7/09 10:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MattMarcinek
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Guys:
My brother recently brought up the idea of getting me a tattoo for my birthday and I know Kanji’s are considered to be a little played out because every wanna be tough guy has one but the one I want does have meaning behind it.
You see, I do Judo, So I want something Japanese and I also have cerebral palsy, I cant walk. So I want to get the kanji for the Japanese word “Ganbare” which basically translates to something like “do your best, be tough, hang in there, and persevere”
I’m thinking I don’t want just the plain kanji and if I get it, would like to dress it up or make it stand out any ideas?
Thanks,
Matt
Disabledgrappler.com “Ganbare” is also the name of my blog
8/11/09 11:01 PM
insl
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A good thing for you to do is look up lots of traditional japanese tattoos online and see what you like, there are some good options for a background for the kanji, like some wind bars or water, cherry blossoms, etc... Good luck!
2/9/10 6:12 AM
Opash

Kudos!

But, a small point.
'Ganbare' is something that you would say to somebody else.
The basic from (what you would say if you were doing it) is Ganbaru/Ganbarimasu.

Just before you go getting it put on your skin.
2/22/10 3:59 AM
PembrokePinesVillain

i prefer kanji that looks stamped into concrete, its a cool look, makes me actually like kanji
2/22/10 3:59 AM
PembrokePinesVillain

that or when it looks like actual brush strokes...good luck with the tattoo
5/3/10 3:38 AM
apex1

I think the biggest problem with a lot of the newage tattoos is that people dont REALLY have a meaning behind them. I dont think youll get any flack for it because it means something to you specifically.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.