UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kendall Grove suffered minor rib injury

8/7/09 3:06 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
UG News
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News

Grove readies for UFC 101, but sees a future beyond the bouts

Grove has spent the last few weeks recovering from a rib injury.

''Minors,'' he said of the injury. ''It hurts like hell, but by the time the fight comes, I should be good. I'm getting older, I guess. I figure I have a good five solid years left in me to fight. Over the years I've matured as a person, as a fighter. Yeah, if you put someone in front of me, I'll fight them, but the UFC isn't everything to me anymore. There's more.''

The 26-year old Grove does have many irons in the fire, including a young family --- his daughter Khloe had her first birthday last month --- and his new business.

Mandaloniz and Grove plan to train other fighters in the years to come.

At an MMA event in June at War Memorial Gym, I&I fighters won all of their matches but one, when illegal strikes after the bell resulted in a victory being taken away.

''I can honestly say that being with my boys at these Maui events, watching them do good and fight with all their hearts, that's more fulfilling to me at this point than me being in the ring,'' Grove said. ''But at the same time, when they're in that ring or the cage, and I'm on the other side watching them, it makes me want to fight real bad, so it's this vicious cycle. Seeing them makes me hungry.''

Grove said his gym's fighters are devoted to MMA.

''If you don't have a true passion for the sport, then you're not right for our gym,'' he said. ''But I tell you, not to sound full of myself, but for real, when one of my guys wins I feel so proud.''

read full article...

8/7/09 3:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sagiv Lapkin
2255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Preparing his excuse for his impending destruction by Almeida.
8/7/09 4:47 PM
christiancosta
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree.. he loses this fight and he is gone from UFC.
8/7/09 5:17 PM
Zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Da Spyder had bad ribs.

8/7/09 5:37 PM
Blazing Knees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

''If you don't have a true passion for the sport, then you're not right for our gym,''

that's more fulfilling to me at this point than me being in the ring,'' Grove said.

Sounds like he's done then.I've got a roof he can work on.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.