UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Griffin uninjured, not dealing well with loss

8/10/09 12:15 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
UG News
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News

Following a devastating knockout loss to UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva at UFC 101 on Saturday night, former 205-pound champion Forrest Griffin wasted no time getting up from the mat and quickly exiting the Octagon.

At the post fight press conference, UFC President Dana White said he hadn't seen or heard from Griffin after the fight and he could be "back in Georgia" at that point.

“He’s an emotional guy,” commented White. “He came into this fight confident that he was going to beat Anderson Silva.”

Reports surfaced on Sunday that Griffin had suffered a jaw injury and that was the reason for his hasty exit, but MMAWeekly.com was able to confirm with representatives from Zinkin Entertainment, Griffin's management group, that he is physically fine following the Saturday night fight.

Griffin suffered no broken jaw and he is physically okay, said the Zinkin representative, but emotionally he is definitely not dealing well with the loss.

read full article...

8/10/09 12:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kr0ndogg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Work! I mean first!!
8/10/09 12:21 AM
koreviewz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KO-REVIEWS.COM, OWNER
 It's like the Forrest-Rampage fight..in reverse.  (Checking TV for Forrest's high speed car chase)
8/10/09 12:21 AM
groundfighter2000
467 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"After two knockdowns early in the round, Griffin was caught with a quick straight right hand that put him down on the canvas for the final time as he waived to the referee to stop the fight."

I guess they only do spell check on that site.
8/10/09 12:23 AM
TheLaw
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a weekend!
8/10/09 12:25 AM
EvilMaster

Forrest did a good job at work, to bad he threw himself into an emotional fall like that. I hate to see the good guys go down. Especially when they throw themselves into training like he does.
8/10/09 12:27 AM
TheClips

lol @ anyone calling that a work. It was an unseen, accurate, technically-sound shot that had Forrest's body weight working against him.
8/10/09 12:31 AM
Kr0ndogg

I was making dun of uneducated green namers like stacks. Anderson opended up a clinic on crybaby TUF king. And I win alot of money last night since I was at a largely white gathering(yes. That is racist).
8/10/09 12:33 AM
Archer0545

grilla -  another Tuffer is exposed, I suppose..

Do you even realize the magnitude of the stupidity that is your post?
8/10/09 12:34 AM
Momentum
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forrest seems like a guy with a lot of heart that struggles with losses. He trains hard so give him a break. Simply put, he might handle disappointment different that others but he is an awesome MMA fighter and representative of this sport.
8/10/09 12:49 AM
IP
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Momentum - Forrest seems like a guy with a lot of heart that struggles with losses. He trains hard so give him a break. Simply put, he might handle disappointment different that others but he is an awesome MMA fighter and representative of this sport.

I am not a fighter and I do not know the man. From interviews I've read, he seems like a great guy. I saw the fight and felt bad for him.

When I see behavior I deem questionable, I usually defer to personal experience. In this case, I thought, "what if one of my kids (13, 18, 20) did something similar to running out of the arena, at one of their athletic competitions?"

I would be very disappointed and embarrassed for him/her, and I'd tell him/her to get back to the cage and apologize. My wife would probably be right there with me.

Again, I'm sure he's a great guy; however, we're sugar-coating disrespectful behavior.
8/10/09 12:53 AM
koreviewz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/10/09 12:53 AM
KO-REVIEWS.COM, OWNER
 WTF kind of animal is that?  Giraffe? Whatever it is, looks pretty tight.

8/10/09 12:55 AM
Doem
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea i dont know what that gif. is supposed to mean but it rules.
8/10/09 12:56 AM
koreviewz

KO-REVIEWS.COM, OWNER
Doem - yea i dont know what that gif. is supposed to mean but it rules.
lol..hell yeah.

8/10/09 12:56 AM
JayBRO

koreviewz -  WTF kind of animal is that?  Giraffe? Whatever it is, looks pretty tight.

You sick son of a bitch
8/10/09 12:59 AM
BillyRayChubbs
825 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JayBRO - 
koreviewz -  WTF kind of animal is that?  Giraffe? Whatever it is, looks pretty tight.

You sick son of a bitch

LAUGHING MY FUCKING ASS OFF TO THE TENTH POWER @ THIS!!!
8/10/09 1:01 AM
koreviewz

KO-REVIEWS.COM, OWNER
BillyRayChubbs - 
JayBRO - 

You sick son of a bitch

LAUGHING MY FUCKING ASS OFF TO THE TENTH POWER @ THIS!!!
haha.  Well played JayBro...well played.

8/10/09 1:05 AM
southsidesti

calling it a work is saying you basically dont believe Anderson is that good

fucking stupid assholes
8/10/09 1:07 AM
pigpen
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

this thread made a turn for the awesome with all the responses to the animal gif

that said, if grilla isn't being sarcastic in his initial post on here, he's an idiot

8/10/09 1:08 AM
koreviewz

KO-REVIEWS.COM, OWNER
 If that animal fought Forrest, I'd take that animal by TKO round 2.
8/10/09 1:10 AM
goodandevil

Weird animal by pure win.
8/10/09 1:12 AM
koreviewz

KO-REVIEWS.COM, OWNER
goodandevil - Weird animal by pure win.

There was nothing particularly hilarious about that post, but yet, it made me laugh out loud.  haha.. I like this whole weird animal vs. forrest momentum we got going here.
8/10/09 1:14 AM
AverageAchiever

That animal needs to tuck his chin or he will suffer the same fate.
8/10/09 1:19 AM
koreviewz

KO-REVIEWS.COM, OWNER
 That animal hypnotizes Forrest with head movement then knocks him out with a left hook.
8/10/09 1:29 AM
koreviewz

KO-REVIEWS.COM, OWNER
 Grilla..you and your animal are on top of the world right now.  How does it feel?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.