UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> My debut gig caught on video

8/10/09 10:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
whaledog
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/10/09 12:15 PM

I think it was a pretty good improvement over the version I recorded for the SoundGround. Of course it coulda been better, but I had fun. :)

8/10/09 11:42 AM
Nostradumbass
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool. Good job.
8/11/09 4:15 AM
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice job dude-
8/11/09 11:44 AM
whaledog
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you.
8/11/09 1:58 PM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool man, it makes me want to talk it over with you one more time.
8/12/09 10:09 AM
signaljammer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great job, I love country blues.

And if I can be so bold as to give you the advice I'm currently giving myself... keep practicing the singing so you can put the story into it instead of focusing on trying to hit the notes.
8/12/09 10:48 AM
whaledog

Edited: 08/12/09 2:27 PM
signaljammer - Great job, I love country blues.

And if I can be so bold as to give you the advice I'm currently giving myself... keep practicing the singing so you can put the story into it instead of focusing on trying to hit the notes.

Thank you.   Goodd advice.   Singing is definitely my weakest point (which is saying something because I'm nobody's Jimi Hendrix on guitar).  It took a LOT of practice just to sing near the notes.  I imagine it'll take years to be able to 'not worry' about that and get into the story.

I might be better off taking a shortcut and finding a singer.  :)

Re: your other advice about not getting too drunk . . . that gig was totally sober.  Maybe a little buzz woulda helped. ;)

8/12/09 1:12 PM
MysteryOpponent
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, wow. So this was a solo gig. I assumed you were in a band in your other thread.

So, the spotlight was solely on you, which had to be even more nerve-racking.

But you did well, and got a good response from the crowd.

Win all around.
8/12/09 2:30 PM
whaledog

Edited: 08/12/09 2:30 PM
MysteryOpponent - Oh, wow. So this was a solo gig. I assumed you were in a band in your other thread.

So, the spotlight was solely on you, which had to be even more nerve-racking.

But you did well, and got a good response from the crowd.

Win all around.
Yeah, totally solo.

Thank you for the kind comments.

8/21/09 1:15 PM
Racer X
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good job!

Did you hear how quiet the crowd was? You had a hold on them! Well done!

Do that one til you can do it in your sleep. It's a great tune for you to play and sing to develop that synchronized independence that  it wants.

I like how you get just a little more comfortable around the 2:20 mark. Looks that way to me,anyhow.
8/21/09 1:36 PM
whaledog

Edited: 08/21/09 3:08 PM
Racer X -  Good job!

Did you hear how quiet the crowd was? You had a hold on them! Well done!

Do that one til you can do it in your sleep. It's a great tune for you to play and sing to develop that synchronized independence that  it wants.

I like how you get just a little more comfortable around the 2:20 mark. Looks that way to me,anyhow.

Thanks!

I've had to stop practicing it for now.  It was virtually the only thing I played for a month leading up to the show.  I think the wife might lose her mind if she hears it again. :)

BTW, I was smiling @ her @ 2:20. I guess that helped. 
8/21/09 6:14 PM
Hillbilly
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You done good! You`ve got that one down move on to the next. :) You seem pretty comfortable on-stage around other people. That is half the battle I think, after all we are just beer salesmen when playing in the clubs. I`ve seen a ton of guys who might be good, but they are too stoic & stiff on stage.
8/21/09 6:18 PM
whaledog

Edited: 08/21/09 6:18 PM
Hillbilly - You done good! You`ve got that one down move on to the next. :) You seem pretty comfortable on-stage around other people. That is half the battle I think, after all we are just beer salesmen when playing in the clubs. I`ve seen a ton of guys who might be good, but they are too stoic & stiff on stage.

Thank you Hillbilly! 

I'm gonna keep my eye open for another chance to play.  We'll see what happens.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.