UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Cherry Blossoms too gay for a guy?

8/14/09 9:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SalaciousCrumb
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was thinking of getting a cherry blossom tat on my arm/shoulder, with just some wind and clouds. Maybe something like this:

http://www.designsoftattoos.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/cherryblossomtattoo1.jpg

Is that cool for a guy? I have a large koi on my leg with cherry blossoms, and I was just trying to add something to compliment that design.
8/14/09 11:40 PM
sockeye
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/16/09 12:59 AM
rare
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

negative,

cherry blossoms are held in high regards by he samurai, in-fact many japanese motifs contain lots of cherry blossoms, because of the fact that they die on the tree and fall three days after blooming.

being cut down at the peak of your life, in pure beauty. the life of a warrior.

there are stories of the flower monk as one of the 108 Heroes of the Water Margin. The book, simply called the Suikoden in Japanese which is the basis of traditional japanese tattooing.

not gay, gangster.
8/17/09 5:15 PM
BobAsh

There are lots of good flower themes; the Japanese ones are cool like the aforementioned sakura, peonies or chrysanthemums....I like the maple leaves too.

In americana the rose is more popular; I've seen it in hundreds of tats.
12/4/09 3:12 AM
PembrokePinesVillain

yes
12/9/09 12:43 AM
piratepirate
617 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its your body, get whatever you like.
You really shouldn't worry about what anybody thinks is "gay" when considering a tattoo for yourself.
12/13/09 2:26 AM
JKING
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a few and just banged my wife so no I am not ghey.
12/13/09 10:52 AM
BBJJFIGHTER

not gay, i have about 10 cherry blossoms on my BJJ arm, and ill roll up any smuck on the street that says they're gay.

12/19/09 9:33 AM
theBEAToff

dude I got all sorts of pink jap flowers... cherry blossoms, lotuses, spider lily's, etc... not GHEY! It takes a real man to rock a pink flower tattoo.
12/19/09 9:39 AM
theBEAToff

Here's my forearm... I got a big ol' pink lotus right on my wrist.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9/DrDrunk132/l_69b29426f2a7d55fb5b717bd660a2ca7.jpg
12/30/09 5:47 PM
Fernando

rare is correct! water margin is a must read
1/15/10 4:56 PM
Hecademus

7/3/11 10:11 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rare - negative,

cherry blossoms are held in high regards by he samurai, in-fact many japanese motifs contain lots of cherry blossoms, because of the fact that they die on the tree and fall three days after blooming.

being cut down at the peak of your life, in pure beauty. the life of a warrior.

there are stories of the flower monk as one of the 108 Heroes of the Water Margin. The book, simply called the Suikoden in Japanese which is the basis of traditional japanese tattooing.

not gay, gangster.

That's cool and all...

...but in modern times covering yourself with colorful flowers will make you look like a fag and you'll spend a large portion of your life having to retell the samurai story to people calling you a fag.
7/3/11 10:13 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not that they don't look cool...but if the goal is to NOT look gay...pretty flowers may not be the way to go.

The fact that you're asking means it crossed your mind for a reason...and you won't be the only one.

Still, get whatever you want bro. I do think they're kinda cool, just not for me.
7/4/11 2:27 AM
pencilboy25
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's only gay if you suck a dick while getting them tattooed on you...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.