UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> I had one of THOSE days

8/14/09 10:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
andre
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know, you are expecting me to say that I got nailed with bad beats left and right, but the truth is that in this case every time I had a premium hand, it HELD UP! Ive never had a session where I didnt receive a single bad beat, until now. I know Im jinxing myself. lol

Id get dealt jacks, raise to 6 times the BB from the button, the limpers would fold but Id get one caller. He'd his his king, Id hit my set, Id take his stack.

Wow...After about a month of running pretty badly, today was a breath of fresh air. :)
8/15/09 10:21 AM
TitoIsBACK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always laugh when someone raises 6 times the BB.
8/15/09 10:33 AM
andre
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito, you should laugh at yourself. You have to play the table you are on, not some set rule. I wanted to isolate my jacks against one player, or just steal the blinds. This is live poker and I knew what I had to bet in order to accomplish that. If I had bet the standard 3 or 4 times the big blind I would have had 2 or 3 callers minimum at that table.

Laugh all you want.
8/15/09 10:34 AM
andre

Congrats, Infamous! That is awesome!
8/15/09 10:55 AM
TitoIsBACK

You're prob one of those guys who mashes the pot button consistently in online poker.
8/15/09 12:41 PM
andre

lol...ok.
8/16/09 8:39 PM
Spuds Buckley
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

funny, I had that online this morning too. Hit a few sets, nut flush, and the one time I got AA someone else got frisky PF and shoved and the Aces held up. Makes you think poker is easy!
8/19/09 8:29 PM
wreckker
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am overdue and want one of those days playing a big tourney
8/24/09 10:32 PM
JHR
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need one of those days also...

Played 4 hands last night. First hand my pocket aces get cracked. (No biggie, 15%'er)

Second hand flopped set loses to runner runner spade...

Third AND fourth hand I'm dealt AJ and flop the nut straight only to have villain hold AQ. Hit mid pair off the flop, trip up the queen on the turn and fill up with an ace on the river.

Two consecutive hands. He hits runner runner holding the same fucking cards...

If ever I thought something was fishy with Stars...lol that's it.

Closed the laptop and went to bed in full steam :)

In therapy today.
8/24/09 10:35 PM
JHR
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've had two losing weeks in live play too, that doesn't help. Not down much but the game I play in is SOOO good I should be walking away every week making bank....Frustrating.

I'm skipping both games this week hopefully to recharge the batteries.
8/24/09 11:10 PM
TitoIsBACK

JHR - I've had two losing weeks in live play too, that doesn't help. Not down much but the game I play in is SOOO good I should be walking away every week making bank....Frustrating.

I'm skipping both games this week hopefully to recharge the batteries.

Good idea. Sometimes you just gotta take a break man. Come back refreshed with a positive mind.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.