UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> Controlled Force

8/17/09 6:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BJJWRESTLER
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody train in this?
8/23/09 9:00 AM
BJJWRESTLER
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody? I am in the academy at the prison I work at,and Controlled Force is what we are learning.I am a purple belt in BJJ,have trained in quite a few physical management /DT programs,and am really impressed with CF.
8/23/09 8:55 PM
FJJ828
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NAPLES BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU L.L.C., Owner
www.isrmatrix.org

Sorry.
11/5/09 6:59 PM
mongo54
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was a national instructor.......was
11/23/09 8:21 PM
henchmen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i didnt like it, everything was based around that do-se-do crap and i feel it's way too close. maybe for a drunken women, but a stronger guy, its no good. the grappling portioin was crap also. this was 5 years ago however
12/8/09 8:19 AM
OzCombatives

Edited: 02/04/10 6:36 PM
I've attended most programs out there (including CF 1-5) and the one that stands out is already mentioned in this thread.

While CF does offer a step away from some of the more static systems that have been around for a long time (a good thing), I favour a system that is based around options that are less complex and more functional.
1/18/10 12:06 PM
hessian1

OzCombatives,

What did CF 4 and 5 cover and where did you take them?
3/19/10 6:35 PM
Team Python
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did not care for this M.A.C.H. training. Nobody uses this after they graduate from the academy. As a former DT instructor I hated to teach this curriculum to new recruits or veteran deputies.
3/27/10 11:40 PM
FJJ828
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team Python,

What did you not like about the training? I have seen it 2nd hand only.
3/28/10 4:24 PM
Team Python
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FJJ828 - Team Python,

What did you not like about the training? I have seen it 2nd hand only.

Not real applicable in a real situation. Too complex for your average cop who is out of shape and does not do nothing more in his free time than play softball or golf.

If you go the their website it does not show the instructors background.
3/29/10 12:25 PM
mongo54
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they don't show instructor backgrounds because they have no law enforcement/military experiance.  that is the core group, donny is especially a douch bag
3/30/10 2:12 AM
Team Python

Thats what I expected. When they don't post there credentials something is up.

Some dumb shit in our department decided to send some of the DT instructors to get certified in the M.A.C.H. program. We were like what the hell is this shit. Everybody hated it and us DT instructors wanted to get rid of it completely. I have never used the crap they taught on the streets.

3/30/10 12:30 PM
mongo54

Tony Grano claims he was Chicago P.D., turns out that CPD was unable to confirm that, he was also charged in a fraud case if I remember correctly.

Donni claimed to be a reserve officer for a Chicago suburb, but he would never come out and say which one.  Even when asked directly.
3/31/10 1:23 AM
Team Python

Piece of shits claiming to be Cops.....you would think that agencies that paid for this program would verify these guys backgrounds and expertise before getting involved these idiots.
3/31/10 12:02 PM
mongo54

they made the claims after my agency trained with them.  they were just a company who had someone give us a goog rec.  while in training and in sunsequent classes these claims came out.  I think they were intimidated by some of the real life experiance the students had and wanted to bolster their rep and self esteem.
4/4/10 9:06 PM
FJJ828

Sorry to hear that. I know they have a crack marketing team.
5/19/10 8:49 PM
FJJ828

I keep getting e-mails from them at work about their new "Active Shooter Response" program. has anyone trained with them on this since the consensus here is that the MACH material is "lacking"?
5/25/10 1:13 PM
mongo54

people with no experiance teaching active shooter, nothing could go wrong there.
6/10/10 12:07 AM
Shire
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DPTS (my program) has been tested/proven for more than 12 years; problem is ... I am so busy working I can not get out to teach much. To get an idea...www.dpts.us

I am a real cop, with more than 30 years experience in martial arts. I had two videos go national, but like I said...too much time devoted to work on my dept.
Contact me at:
rwduhamell@yahoo.com

6/15/10 4:23 PM
nowaydo
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've only had 2nd hand M.A.C.H. training also. It's OK.It can be a piece of the puzzle, not the whole thing. I like ISR better.
6/17/10 10:32 PM
TacFighter

I beleive there is a lot of great unkown instructors out there with 20 plus years experience in LE, BJJ and TMA who have integrated their own program. Just like BJJ, MMA, etc. We in police work have a unique perspective on our self defense programs. I guess that you notice many programs marketing to police & military as much as posible. Everyone wants to be able to say that a certain agency, swat team, navy seal, etc. uses their program. Shen is right that you need to have someone in the mix who has the real life experience skills and ability to work through the system. In addition, you need to be able to defend your program pursuant to the laws, your policy and procedures.

Dave Ogden

O-Force Training

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.