UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Passing out Durning Tattoo.

8/18/09 2:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KyMart23
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know I may get flamed for posting this on here, but I recently got my first Tattoo done and about 10 minutes into it I passed out. I was just wondering how common this was and if there is a chance it would happen a second time? After passing out I just kind of got this weird vibe about getting another tattoo because I just want to save myself the embarrassment if I happen to do it again.
8/24/09 7:21 PM
Saiga12
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never passed out. I am pretty sure I was in shock when I sat for the first outline on my back. I never had a tattoo hurt so much. guess it was because it hit ribs, and vitals. First session was from neck to half of my ass cheeks. About 6 hours with breaks. My ears were ringing and I was light headed and dizzy/confused when I was leaving. Thankfully my girl showed up so I didn't have to drive.
8/24/09 11:41 PM
pencilboy25
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

usually low blood sugar + nerves. pretty common

next time just eat a couple hours before, and bring a gatorade or soda with you for some sugar/calories during.
Relax and breathe as well. Don't hold your breath.
12/4/09 3:12 AM
PembrokePinesVillain
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow...but yea eat chocolate or something before you get zapped next time
2/18/10 12:57 PM
KingBodhi
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've never felt pain during a tattoo, it's just a mild discomfort. You might be psyching yourself up to much or have low blood sugar. Just relax and don't make a big out of it. Pain threshold is different for everyone, but just remember that it's not a root canal.
2/20/10 10:01 PM
Willybone
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't pass out, but I do trance out.
2/22/10 3:53 AM
PembrokePinesVillain

KingBodhi - I've never felt pain during a tattoo, it's just a mild discomfort. You might be psyching yourself up to much or have low blood sugar. Just relax and don't make a big out of it. Pain threshold is different for everyone, but just remember that it's not a root canal.

if you havent felt pain during a tattoo you either a) are lying b) have a super rare disorder where you dont have pain nerves or c) were high out of your mind every time

and no, no one believes you if you say otherwise.
2/24/10 3:50 PM
KingBodhi
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It doesn't hurt. I don't care if you don't believe me, it just doesn't. I've had work over my shin, inside of my arm, shoulder blade, hip bone area, and few other places where the artist was telling me it would really hurt, but it never did. I like the sensation of the tattoo and even had a traditional hand poke done about 10 years ago, it was difficult and time consuming, but I wouldn't classify it as painful.
2/25/10 3:13 PM
theBEAToff

happens all the time and it's usually the hardest lookin' dude too. at least you didn't "grand slam" where you pass out, piss and shit yourself then puke. only seen 1 grand slam, now that was embarrassing shit.
2/26/10 3:16 AM
Warfront Inc

Saiga12 - Never passed out. I am pretty sure I was in shock when I sat for the first outline on my back. I never had a tattoo hurt so much. guess it was because it hit ribs, and vitals. First session was from neck to half of my ass cheeks. About 6 hours with breaks. My ears were ringing and I was light headed and dizzy/confused when I was leaving. Thankfully my girl showed up so I didn't have to drive.

I hear ya' on that, bro! I had a 6 hour piece done on the side of my calf and as luck would have it, the massage table that they use for leg work had broken earlier that day. I ended up having to stand on my left leg with my right leg on the seat of the chair, 6 hours straight, no joke. You described EXACTLY what it was like!
3/10/10 7:54 PM
NCAA92
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got my first tattoo in 1987. Some gut was getting a huge polish eagle (like on the Vlastic Pickle jar) on his upper arm, well the artist did the outline slow. Then he started to fill this giant thing in (all black) Well th eguy passed out pissed and shit himself. I would bet there is some guy wolking around with half a Vlastic Pickle eagle on his arm.
3/20/10 7:32 AM
rondon

^^ oh dear not good^^, im getting top of my chest/collar & slightly on to my throat done ( artist is in prosess of sketching it up ) in about 2 week time i find its best just to set your mind & relax go to the empty spot in your head & just go with the pain ,, its only gona last a few hours
3/22/10 2:58 AM
Warfront Inc

Haha, that's the best was to describe it, "going to the empty spot in your head"! I'm the same way, I try to zone out my mind.
3/27/10 8:13 AM
DMReb171

I just sat through 5 and a half hours and it hurt really bad. I wish I could have passed out
3/27/10 1:11 PM
ClayK

I've never passed out, but I always sweat locally. Whatever part of my body is getting worked on, sweats. Not the rest of me, just that one spot. Kind of weird.

Can't wait to get back on the table.
4/28/10 5:11 AM
mgldrd

I've sat through a long session and although my arm felt like raw meat afterward I never felt the need to pass out. I'm not sure how common passing out is but after I got my first tattoo I realized the pain wasn't as bad as i thought.
5/9/10 12:45 PM
pitchfork
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am about 9 or so hours in on a massive back piece and during the last 3 hour session I had a weird experience first it hurt like hell, I normally kind of zone out and its fine but this time I just couldn't zone out I chalked it up to having an energy drink right before the appointment, iI also was sweating pretty bad locally around where the work was too. seemed to take forever healing. wonder if it was low blood sugar.
5/15/10 6:35 AM
rondon

just had my top of chest/neck done ,sat for about 2 hours+ wasnt bad at all ,,,, nothing yet has been as bad as kidney area
5/19/10 9:59 AM
Sk1tzO420

I had the ditch of my arm done first, started seeing spots. Luckily the artist was hypoglycemic, and had a cache of candy in his room. A milky way later I was golden.

Stomach hurt like a MOTHER FUCKER, 6 hours for my last name. Took that shit like a champ.
9/30/10 10:08 AM
ryanJ
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My first one I started hearing the whooshing sound and started sweating like a motherfucker. The artist was really cool, just paused got me a glass of water and gave me a minute to relax and then I was fine.

Haven't had problems for the other ones. I do like to either talk or listen to someone else talk so that I can sort of distract myself from the thoughts of the needle.
10/5/10 2:33 AM
trainedkilla
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have tattooed a thousand people at least and never had one pass out.
10/6/10 10:17 PM
Dougie
839 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think, personally, that laser removal hurts worse. My 2 cents.
10/8/10 3:22 AM
chrismurphy55

My first tattoo was my ribs, never came close to passing out or nothing. Ive got my arms done as well, i zoned out quite a bit, espically the 2nd arm i got done. Just kinda spaced out, tried sleeping.

My artist told me about people falling asleep during tattoos...like completley out. Seems impossible to me.
10/8/10 7:09 PM
cdueck
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just sat for 4hrs and could have easily fallen asleep. I have a huge flinch response when I fall asleep so I never let myself. If I would have allowed it I would have been snoring for sure, especially at the end when it was the sorest and most painful.
10/12/10 6:10 PM
EJAXXX

NCAA92 -  I got my first tattoo in 1987. Some gut was getting a huge polish eagle (like on the Vlastic Pickle jar) on his upper arm, well the artist did the outline slow. Then he started to fill this giant thing in (all black) Well th eguy passed out pissed and shit himself. I would bet there is some guy wolking around with half a Vlastic Pickle eagle on his arm.

That sounds shitty

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.