UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> People who train with cold sores

8/18/09 7:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pantsless
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was training last week, and I noticed one of the students had, what appeared to be, a cold sore on his lip. I'm wondering what are the chances of him infecting others during stand up, grappling, etc. Is it me, or is this guy being a dick by coming in to train with an open sore?
8/18/09 10:51 PM
Kirkor Papasian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's being a dick imo
8/19/09 9:46 AM
MMADC

I agree. He doesn't need to train with an active lesion on his lip. Too risky and yes, there's a chance it can be transmitted to others depending on what the sore actually is.
8/20/09 3:56 PM
Amarelo

Fuck that. Tell him to go home and not come back for two weeks.
8/21/09 12:34 PM
WidespreadPanic

Edited: 08/21/09 12:34 PM
Amarelo - Fuck that. Tell him to go home and not come back for two weeks.
Studies show that individuals may be infective up to 7 weeks post lesion healing.

In addition, you can shed the virus prior to a lesion forming (in the saliva). So, it's really impossible to train with a herpes simplex patient without risking infection. When the infected individual first feels an itchy feeling or a tingling they should refrain from training, but being selfish, many will not disclose they have an infection (if it's on a non-visible part of the body).

www.health.vic.gov.au
Secretion of virus in the saliva may occur up to seven weeks after recovery from stomatitis.
Patients with primary genital lesions are infective for seven to ten days. Those with recurrent disease are infectious for four to seven days with each episode.

9/7/09 10:21 PM
AFTC
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't let him train. You can get it in your eyes and they you are screwed. What Amarelo said is what you should tell him.
3/7/10 1:23 PM
rondon

ooooohhh nasty
4/11/10 4:56 PM
Jessethebandit

Haven't you Ever seen TUF: Ortiz vs. Griffin?
Dana White actually sent a guy home for having herpes.
11/28/10 4:33 PM
GreatWhiteHype

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.cfm?pageid=P00888

HSV-1 is most often associated with infections of the oral cavity, with up to 90 percent of people in the US exposed to this virus.

Most people carrying the virus don't even get visible sores, and so don't realize that they have it. Chances are pretty good that you have it anyway.

That said, a guy who comes in to train with an open sore is a cocksucker and needs to go the fuck home until it's gone. If you don't have it yet, you can get it from him, and if you do have it already it can cause you to have an outbreak.
12/20/10 2:58 PM
Onnie804yamsaki

GreatWhiteHype - http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.cfm?pageid=P00888

HSV-1 is most often associated with infections of the oral cavity, with up to 90 percent of people in the US exposed to this virus.

Most people carrying the virus don't even get visible sores, and so don't realize that they have it. Chances are pretty good that you have it anyway.

That said, a guy who comes in to train with an open sore is a cocksucker and needs to go the fuck home until it's gone. If you don't have it yet, you can get it from him, and if you do have it already it can cause you to have an outbreak.

LOl people shed that dont even know they have it and like you said its sooo prevolant in our society you are all ingornat to think you dont come in contact with HSV everday. If i had to wait 7 weeks to train everytime i had a cold sore i wouldnt ever be able too. Lol am i gonna quit something because i have little lesions a couple times a year for a couple days since i was like 5 yrs old. You fags gray maynard has it and so many other big name fighters you would be shocked to hear. Go play tennis you prob wont get an infection with that.
12/20/10 2:59 PM
Onnie804yamsaki

WidespreadPanic - 
Amarelo - Fuck that. Tell him to go home and not come back for two weeks.
Studies show that individuals may be infective up to 7 weeks post lesion healing.

In addition, you can shed the virus prior to a lesion forming (in the saliva). So, it's really impossible to train with a herpes simplex patient without risking infection. When the infected individual first feels an itchy feeling or a tingling they should refrain from training, but being selfish, many will not disclose they have an infection (if it's on a non-visible part of the body).
<i>
</i><cite>www.health.vic.gov.au</cite>
<i>Secretion of virus in the saliva may occur up to seven weeks after recovery from stomatitis.
Patients with primary genital lesions are infective for seven to ten days. Those with recurrent disease are infectious for four to seven days with each episode.</i>

Hsv-1 is in so many people that still shed but show no symptons that is super ignorant to belive that a large number of people that train have it, yall are a bunch of pussies get over let me save you some time and quit since your afraid of a little cold sore.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.