UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> USSS UD /FBI POLICE

8/19/09 2:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey guys i am just trying to get some info..on a specific area.

a little about me here.. i have worked security for about 3 years back in the mid 90's. i have worked my longest tenure as a Resident Asst. in a dorm for a university in Washington DC. I have had 3 jobs where i passed the Federal background checks : post office/home security installation training and the latest was at LGA airport in NYC i am a pretty solid straight shooter all around .

I have always wanted to get in law enforcement since iwas a kid but for the life of me it has not ever happened due to life in general and going with the destiny it takes me. Once again i am at the law enforcement high again as in the days of Chips, Hunter, Miami vice and the likes that i grew up watching.

One major plm contributed to my perhaps "dilemma" ...is that i am partly deaf in one ear and fully deaf in the other. That was always a bridge that i couldnt cross physically speaking at least. I was wondering if USSS UD could be a possibility as i read on their website that all applicants would get a fair shot at the positions (so to speak) without regards to disability, race ,creed etc etc. i see USSS UD also raised the age limit to 40 which would give me a little more time to pursue this goal as i am newly 36 this year. Age was a factor as i felt by the time all came through i would be over the limit -hence disregarding "age limit at 37" agencies Any info or knowledge would be greatly appreciated thanks. :)

SS

btw is there an age limit for FBI POLICE?
8/20/09 10:13 PM
GAME-DOG
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They will not take you in UD. You would have to be able to hear intruders etc. You may get a good position in LE support like analysis etc.
8/21/09 1:24 AM
supersaiyan

thanks man ...just thought it was a possibility UGH .. same thingi heard with Military as well -having to hear the machines,equipment and yea intruders and etc. oh well.

whenu say analysis such as DNA or forensic ?
8/22/09 10:06 AM
GAME-DOG
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no like crime analysis. putting stats and trends together etc. your still playing and part of the case but not somewhere you can possibly be a liability for the agency or your self. good luck. u will do fine. there are many jobs out there where you can be part of the action indirectly
10/15/09 4:05 PM
supersaiyan

thanks man :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.