UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> AGA Thanks!

8/26/09 5:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Josh J
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn straight. I just mentioned it to a few people and you wouldn't believe how excited some people got over it.

I think something like that could be huge for the AGA. No one else in this state offers anything like that. I think you would definately get a large number of advanced people at a comp that offered a division like this. I don't know about most schools, but at our school lower belts follow advanced guys to comps. This will bring in the advanced guys, and the newer guys will come with them. At this time, you can still have something like this in Alabama and it not take too long. There can't be more than a few dozen purple belt or higher people in the state.

DO IT DO IT DO IT
8/29/09 4:38 PM
rappygracie

I think the best time limit rule is one used by the ADCC. For high belts, one ten min round in which the first 5 min there are no points scored (which encourages submissions and risk taking with out the worry of getting behind in points) and only in the next 5 min points are scored. This could also do away w/ the double elimination. I think this is a way to solve this problem.
8/29/09 5:51 PM
Hiza Geri

Alabama Grapplers' Association, Inc
 I don't forsee doing away with the double elim.  If anything, we will change it up to have  "fightback", meaning someone who loses an earlier match can still come back to win the division.
8/29/09 7:53 PM
MOWA Outlaw

Abu Dhabi used to be boring as hell. Reason: people would wait until points counted before they engaged. I see that happening here if instituted.

No points & no time for advanced belts (extra division).
8/30/09 12:01 AM
Josh J

No points and no time limits would be ideal. I think everyone would be down for that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.