UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Congrats to WALT HARRIS, Champions MMA

8/23/09 12:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/26/09 8:52 AM

WALT HARRIS, 7-1, is the new SOUTHERN FIGHTING ALLIANCE heavyweight champion. He won the belt last night after completely destroying his opponent in the first round.

I've been trying to get fighters from CHAMPIONS MMA in Birmingham for a while now, and it was great to see one of their top guys do his thing.

We had a SOLD-OUT house in Brookwood, and 12 amazing fights on the card. 753 fans blew the roof off the building with their noise and fighter support. After an initial monumental screw up by the promoter (that's me!), the rest of the night was amazing!

Thanks to all the fighters from Team Relentless, Team Sinister, Ground Zero, Born2Bang, Forte Fight Club, Convict Combat, Team Insanity and Team Fury for helping me put on such a great show.

And, of course, Champions MMA now has a CHAMPION! heh heh. Walt Harris was amazing to watch in action: he methodically dominated the cage and took away movement from his opponent. Then he whipped his ass...

Congrats, CHAMP!

The next SFA show will be Oct. 24, in Brookwood.
8/23/09 3:18 PM
Josh J
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, talk about some horrible team names..lol

By the way, how did Calloway do?
8/23/09 4:41 PM
MMAreaper

hey tom will you send me the full results?
8/24/09 12:28 PM
schow10545
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great night of fights. Looking forward to the next show.
8/26/09 7:22 AM
RELENTLESS804

Edited: 08/26/09 7:27 AM
Tom thanks for having us, but sinister went 4-1 Henderson tapped!Relentless went 3-0Kyle York and Braxton Smith at the time were sponsored by Team Relentless. Again thank you for a great show and tough fighters.TEAM RELENTLESS
8/26/09 4:03 PM
cb2sdavis

I wonder how relentless team relentless really is? LOL!!!!
8/26/09 7:31 PM
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/27/09 12:42 AM
If you had used the free tickets I left for you at the door, you would have seen just how relentless they are!

On a 1-10 scale, 1 being "not very relentless" and 10 being "the most relentless a team can be", I'm giving them a...

heh heh. Come to the October 24 show in Brookwood and see just how "relentless" they are!
8/26/09 10:10 PM
MMAreaper

wow they must be like kitty cats or something cus tom couldn't even finish the post....
8/26/09 10:56 PM
Josh J

I don't know anything about them, but just by looking at their myspace they look like your typical tapout, mowhawk, skulls and blood and stuff loving backyard fight team. They have pretty much every cliche covered.

Mohawks? Check
Vicious sounding name? Check
Mean sounding nicknames for the fighters? Check
Wearing Tapout? Check
Tatoos? Check
Self Proclaimed Badasses? Check

Now, they may be great guys with a ton of skill. But by looking at their myspace they look like any of the teams that have popped up with similar names.

http://www.myspace.com/teamrelentless804
8/27/09 12:41 AM
TomStedham

Josh,

are you looking at the right pictures???

ONE GUY has a mohawk. And he's not on the team anymore...

How is "relentless" a "vicious sounding name"??? It's a WORD! It means "never quits", which is pretty accurate.

And EVERYBODY that I know, literally, has tattoos. Not just fighters... WTF?

I looked at all the pictures, and I didn't see ANY Tapout. None. But, by the way, TAPOUT is probably the single biggest sponsor of MMA, so I'm not sure why you're cracking on them. Without Tapout's money and support, MMA wouldn't be anywhere near what it is today.

And as far as being "self-proclaimed badasses"... well, WHERE DO YOU GET THAT? I mean, did you see a post somewhere that says "we're badasses!"???? I didn't see that anywhere.

If you had been at the fights, you would have seen exactly how they earned their team name.

I think that someone is just a bit envious... I mean, all that rolling around with sweaty men in pajamas in an air-conditioned gym has someone sounding a tad bit... jealous. It ain't exactly the same thing as actual fighting, is it?

Hey, they are doing conditioning Thursday nite. Maybe you could drop by and give them the benefit of your wisdom in person... I'm pretty sure they would welcome a visitor...
8/27/09 6:16 AM
Josh J

Easy there Tom. I know you are in tight with these guys. I was just pointing out how cliche their myspace page is.

Team Relentless is a generic mean sounding name like Team Fury, Team Vicious, Team etc.

They have a huge TapOut logo on the front of their myspace.

On the front of their myspace page it says "with some up and coming bad ass fighters".

Their page is covered with skulls and corny "hard" looking stuff like that.

Envious? Of what? You assume I only do BJJ, I've been sparring and training MMA longer than I have BJJ. I can GUARANTEE and am willing to bet any amount of money you'd like that their conditioning program is nowhere close to the one they do where I train. I would gladly take a few guys from my school and go train with them. We've been to schools all over. We love visiting other gyms. If you posted that to intimidate me in some way, you failed.

I made it pretty clear that I had nothing personal against them and that they may be great guys and great fighters. I was just commenting on their myspace page. Anyone (except you) can look at and see what I'm getting at. Get your panties out of a bunch.
8/27/09 7:53 AM
RELENTLESS804

Thanks for your input Josh J.
8/27/09 8:04 AM
Lucian

**RELENTLESS804: "Thanks for your input Josh J."

At a way boy, that's my kind of response. I like your forum warrior style. Very passive...give them the rope and see what they want to do with it. HAHAHA. Just keep your cool till the bitter end or they win my friend.
8/27/09 8:59 AM
TomStedham

lol...

Everybody takes this stuff so seriously... Geez, lighten up, Josh. I was just messing with ya. I spent pretty much my entire adult life in the military, and I know a good training program when I see one.

I'm not worried about whose conditioning program is the toughest. I'm not concerned about how "cool" (which means "lame") someone's myspace page is. All I care about is what happens when I ring the bell.

Team Relentless has their shit together. Period.

And for the record, I DON'T WEAR PANTIES!!! lol.

Pajama boy!
8/27/09 5:09 PM
Josh J

RELENTLESS804 - Thanks for your input Josh J.

LOL....perfect response. If I did want an argument, which I didn't. Where would I go from here? It really was nothing personal. It was more of an attack on your sense of style rather than you or your school. As I said before, I don't know anything about you guys other than what I've seen on your myspace.

Pajamas? Those pajamas are a weapon. If you've never rolled in a gi you can't realize how horrible those pajamas can be when used against you. Gi chokes are exponentially tighter and more horrible than a regular choke. Having your hand trapped by one of your lapels while you are being choked unconsious with the other is a humbling experience.
8/27/09 5:25 PM
MMAreaper

they should let the gi be optional.....to put a twist on it...it should be made that you can choose if your oponent has a gi on or not....that way if you train no gi your opponent doesn't have a gi....if you train gi your opponent does have one....that would make mma quite a bit more fun.
8/27/09 9:17 PM
cb2sdavis

Alright guys since we have covered that, let's discuss how chaotic team chaos is and how insane team insanity is, ready........post!!
8/27/09 10:46 PM
Lucian

Or how furious Team Fury is...go!
8/27/09 11:17 PM
Josh J

Or how Bangerous Born2Bang is...or how Forte Forte Fight Team is? I don't know where to go with this.
8/28/09 12:09 AM
rnr7

ORRR, How crazy, CRAZY 88's are. what?
8/28/09 6:04 AM
Josh J

Shhhhh....You'll upset Tom.
8/28/09 7:54 AM
ovrgrwnkd

rnr7 - ORRR, How crazy, CRAZY 88's are. what?

Hey man, you need to get off the Crazy 88's. They're the real deal.
8/28/09 8:57 AM
TomStedham

Yes, they are! Crazy 88s...

If, by "real deal" you mean a bunch of neo-Nazis who can't fight worth a shit, and who only get booked in order to provide spectacular knockouts to certain teams... Youtube, anyone?

Now, TEAM STEDHAM. There's a team that lives up to its name. It's ALL Stedham, 100%...

Of course, it's just one man, so I'm sure some rules lawyer here is gonna whine about how it's not much of a "team", but damnit, I like it!

Go TEAM STEDHAM!!!
8/29/09 7:56 AM
Hiza Geri

Alabama Grapplers' Association, Inc
 dude, multiple personalities can make a "team"...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.