UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Short Stock Reco for Mossberg 590A1?

8/25/09 5:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jodienda
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The factory stock on my beautiful new Mossberg 590A1 is just too long for my old lady. She's not that small (5'6",130), but the standard stock just isn't comfortable. She feels like she's reaching and it just doesn't seat correctly in her shoulder pocket.

Any recommendations on a 12 or 13 inch stock from you guys? I've never shot a 'youth' length stocked rifle/shotgun. Will I still be able to shoot comfortably with the junior furniture?

I've googled and found that both Hogue's 12 inch and Speedfeed' 13 get good reviews.

Any thoughts one way or another?
8/26/09 1:36 PM
Skpotamus
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/26/09 1:36 PM
I ran into the same issue with my 590a1 with my wife. She's even smaller than yours (5'1", 120lbs). Any stock that felt good to here felt pretty short for me (6'1")

I ended up going with a Knoxx Specops Recoil Reducing stock. It's adjustable for length, so we can both use it, and the recoil reduction really benefits her a lot. http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SpecOps-Adjustable-Shotgun-Stock,1158,165.htm

It adjusts from 11.25" to 15.25" She can shoot 3" magnum slugs out of the thing as fast as she can work the slide without any pain. Considering she's actually leaning back a little bit to hold the thing at shoulder height, it's damned good.

If you don't want the recoil reduction, they make a NRS stock (same design as the Recoil Reducer, but without the recoil reduction) for about half the price.

edit: Oh yeah, if you have ghost rings or optics on the 590, get the powerpack accessory kit so you can get a higher cheek weld. A regular bead works with just the stock.
8/26/09 5:25 PM
jodienda
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks - sounds like exactly the solution I was looking for.
9/6/09 12:17 AM
Andrew Yao
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

+1 for the Knoxx Spec-Ops.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.