UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> How come you never see Hard Rock/Metal duets ?

8/26/09 12:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Staggered_By_Hendo's_Nutz
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Country Music has a million of them. Hip Hop music and pop music has them all the time. How come you haven't seen many Hard Rock / Heavy Metal duets ?

It's all most unheard of. The only one that comes to mind is this:
8/26/09 12:16 PM
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/26/09 12:34 PM

And to think of it, why not duets between two male singers as well.

I've heard of super groups in Metal and Hard Rock and the odd collection like when DIO had what basically became the WE ARE THE WORLD song but for metal singers and players called " We're stars", but you hardly ever see even a duet between male singers.

The only one I can think of right off hand is when rob Halford did a song with Bruce dickinson on his solo album entitled " THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE ", which is a badass fucking song by the way.

Why don't you see this more often ?
8/26/09 12:44 PM

here's a cool little video of Bruce And Rob together in the studio doing the song I talked about before hand:

http://www.metalgodshop.com/s-42-metal-god-reveal.aspx
8/26/09 12:46 PM

Here's the actual BADASS song:

8/26/09 12:57 PM

Here's the WE'RE STARS video:

8/26/09 1:01 PM

here's some documentary footage of the Hearing aids WE'RE STARS sessions....

8/26/09 1:41 PM

Here's another version of the Documentary.

It has alot of the same footage as the 3 above video's, however it also has exclusive interviews with Ronnie James Dio who also produced the album. I believe that those, make this worth watching also:

8/26/09 1:42 PM

here's part 2:

8/26/09 2:03 PM

Here's a DUET I would love to see:

Cory Taylor from SLIPKNOT with OTEP.

Listen to these two songs and tell me they couldn't make a badass song together:

SLIPKNOT:

OTEP:

8/26/09 2:19 PM

here's another one I wouldn't mind seeing....

Max Cavalera from SEPULTURA and SOULFLY fame singing with Angela Gossow from ARCH ENEMY.

Here's Max with SOULFLY:

here's Angela with ARCH ENEMY:

8/27/09 12:49 AM
BarkLikeADog
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/27/09 12:53 AM
lol the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was Ozzy & Lita.

Anyway, answer to your question is that it's just a reflection of what goes on on stage. Most country & rap shows don't make a lot of money unless there are a bunch of acts there. At any given time there are just a handful of rappers & country stars that can break $25K a show on their own. Rockers don't really face that issue; they're either making bank on their own or irrelevant.

Other side of the coin is that you rarely see supergroups in country or hip-hop. Highwaymen is the last one I can think of.
8/30/09 12:11 PM
Ponyboy
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I swear.....if anybody posts that bullshit Chad Kroeger duet from the Spiderman movie, I will go to Guitar Center and sing "do you really want to hurt me" in the live audio section.
9/8/09 9:58 AM
El_Varaco
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow at the hear'n aid song
9/8/09 12:42 PM
Mitch Rommel
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/08/09 12:57 PM
Geoff Tate did one with Ronnie James Dio on Operation Mindcrime 2. The song is called "An International Incident" Geoff Tate is a great singer, but he was way over the top in that HEAR'N AID song. I guess that's the 80's for ya.
9/8/09 1:33 PM
Ponyboy
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never get tired of this one.
9/8/09 5:48 PM
murphfandam
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont know if this counts but what about some of the grunge duets like "Alice Mudgarden" Lane Staley & Chris Cornell, or Temple of the Dog Eddie Vedder & Chris Cornell. Probably not hard rock but still rock just the same.
11/10/09 10:03 AM
hagisan
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maynard and the Deftones: Passenger
Max Cavalera and the Deftones: Head Up
Chino and Soulfly: Pain
Corey Taylor and Soulfly: Jumpdafuckup
11/11/09 1:21 AM
Endless

Killswitch Engage - Take This Oath(With Jesse Leach)
Mixes the old and new.
12/8/09 11:08 PM
Ryan Wood
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Megadeth re-did A Tout La Monde with the chick from Lacuna Coil for the album United Abominations. It was alright.
3/11/10 1:18 AM
KingBodhi
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seven Dust did something with Love Spit Love
Limp Biskit with Jonathan Davis -All in the Family
Ill Nino did something with Soul Fly/Max Cavalera
3/12/10 8:24 AM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Staggered_By_Hendo's_Nutz - Country Music has a million of them. Hip Hop music and pop music has them all the time. How come you haven't seen many Hard Rock / Heavy Metal duets ?

Because screeching like a banshee doesn`t work well for harmony?
7/21/10 6:44 PM
Cueball B
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Iced earth - the phantom opera ghost
7/21/10 10:18 PM
Nostradumbass

I always thought this was a good duet....
7/29/10 5:56 PM
Cueball B
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nostradumbass - 
I always thought this was a good duet....

Marshalls and Mesa's in one room!!! How dare they!!!

The Marshall vs Mesa discussions are almost as heated as the Brock vs Fedor discussions lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.