UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Hot wing sauce recipes

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/26/09 11:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kido777
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I'm sitting around at a friends house and we're about to watch Hostel II.

This guy loves hot stuff, for a while he collected every hot sauce he could find. Anyway he starts telling me we need to go out and get wings sometime.

Now, let me tell you a little about this guy. He is an ASS when it comes to certain things. For him hot food is a challenge. He has to prove to you that whatever you think is hot he knows something hotter.

He had some dumb redneck hot sauce that he says is the hottest around. I tell him get on the internet he'll find something hotter. Dude gets upset.

Finally, I tell him lets make our own wings. We can make our own sauce and forget about going out to buy some.

Anyway, OG tell me how to make some awesome wing sauce!
8/27/09 7:04 AM
Kevin Curtis
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he likes hot, use some Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce.
8/27/09 10:36 AM
MetaDevil
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just crush up some Habaneros.
8/27/09 12:27 PM
Kevin Curtis
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Naga Jolokia is reputedly 10x as hot as the habnero.

The Naga Jolokia (English: King Cobra Chile) — also known as Bhut Jolokia, Ghost Chile, Ghost Pepper, Naga Morich — is a chile pepper. In 2007, it was confirmed by Guinness World Records to be the hottest chile in the world, replacing the Red Savina.
8/31/09 8:12 PM
meow mix
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I usually do Frank's Red Hot, white vinegar, and butter.  Heat it in a pan to melt the better and blend flavors, and for extra kick add some cayenne pepper.
9/1/09 9:27 AM
shibbytastic
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buffalo style sauce: vinegar based hot sauce (usually franks like Meow said) + butter. Do not use with breaded wings.

I use this one on shrimp, it would also be good on wings:
Sriracha
Vinegar based hot sauce (I use my own, but many commercial brands would be good)
Honey or jam
Chopped cilantro
Chopped garlic
Chopped Ginger
Salt

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.