UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fedor Emelianenko: from love to hate

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/28/09 8:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Big Russian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The article from the Russian MMA website Valetudo.ru dwells on the major twists in Fedor's career along with the recent events and their impact on his reputation.

"They say that “There is only one step between love and hate”. Watching the recent developments around “the icon of Russian mixed martial arts,” one has the opportunity to witness the wisdom of folk saying. Only a few weeks ago Fedor Emelianenko was considered as the main contestant to mythological character Ilya Murometz for the title of being a top hero by the majority of MMA fans.

Lately, only a few public speeches made a negative hero out of him. Probably, every periodical that talks about martial arts, highlighted the holy war between M-1 Global and UFC. Journalists and fans were divided on two sides with different opinions on the subject. So what did actually happen that made even the loyal fans to look at Fedor Emelianenko from a different prospective? We will try to discover the answer, but first let’s get back to history of Fedor coming-to-be an MMA fighter and great champion..."

Continue reading:
Fedor Emelianenko: From love to hate
8/28/09 8:31 AM
Dogman
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"holy war between M-1 Global and UFC." LOL
8/28/09 9:13 AM
Granpa
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting that a Russian site would blast him like that. It seems he's even losing some fans back home.
8/28/09 9:31 AM
jpm995
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of all the fighters in mma Fedor seems the most grounded, respectful and appears to be a regular guy. His training is so lo tech it's laughable compared to most camps. He's overachieved, consistantly beating fighters much bigger than him, he seems smaller than most 205'ers. He's beat most of the top heavys for the last 5 years. I can never understant the hate for him on here, i hope he never loses, screw you bastards.
8/28/09 10:49 AM
HardHittingHeeb

jpm995 - Of all the fighters in mma Fedor seems the most grounded, respectful and appears to be a regular guy. His training is so lo tech it's laughable compared to most camps. He's overachieved, consistantly beating fighters much bigger than him, he seems smaller than most 205'ers. He's beat most of the top heavys for the last 5 years. I can never understant the hate for him on here, i hope he never loses, screw you bastards.

My first vote up.
8/28/09 10:58 AM
KneeToFaceKo

jpm995 - Of all the fighters in mma Fedor seems the most grounded, respectful and appears to be a regular guy. His training is so lo tech it's laughable compared to most camps. He's overachieved, consistantly beating fighters much bigger than him, he seems smaller than most 205'ers. He's beat most of the top heavys for the last 5 years. I can never understant the hate for him on here, i hope he never loses, screw you bastards.

this..............vtfu
8/28/09 11:24 AM
canuck34
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no hate for Fedor from me...just hate for his stupid management team.
8/28/09 11:27 AM
joshjitsu

I still think he's dodging. Sorry I'm entitled to my opinoin and thats it.
8/28/09 11:50 AM
Cantankerous
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

canuck34 - no hate for Fedor from me...just hate for his stupid management team.

Me too
8/28/09 11:54 AM
Up With Evil
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My first vote up as well.  Nicely stated.

8/28/09 11:58 AM
MuchRespec'
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jpm995 = VTFU!
8/28/09 1:19 PM
Boldar

Edited: 08/28/09 1:19 PM
canuck34 - no hate for Fedor from me...just hate for his stupid management team.
It's been stated that Fedor has clear control of the entire process and could have made whatever decision he wanted.  So redirect your hate to Fedor.  HE didn't want to fight in the UFC, for whatever reason.  Now he's lying about the deal they offered (said is was good first, now it's bad) and insinuating that Silva is the smaller man and not worthy of fighting him, despite the fact that Silva is actually taller and the same size as him. 
8/28/09 1:22 PM
MuchRespec'
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about stop being bitches and just recognize that he made a *business decision*. You realize he owns a bigger chunk of M-1 than Dana does of the UFC right? Just watch the fights and let promoters push their own agendas IMO.
8/28/09 1:28 PM
hmb

business.
8/28/09 1:30 PM
Bisping Fan

Fedor has pissed me off by not choosing to fight in the UFC when he was clearly given a good deal but hes noty obliged to fight there and he is still the greatest heavyweight in MMA.

If Brock Lesnar wants to be the greatest fighter in MMA, he has to beat Fedor. It isnt the other way round.
8/28/09 3:29 PM
super chin
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dana infiltrated russia!
8/28/09 3:36 PM
FredHammer
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FEDOR!!!
8/28/09 3:42 PM
Kostakio
841 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dumb article.
8/28/09 3:58 PM
supersaiyan

Big Russian -  

The article from the Russian MMA website Valetudo.ru dwells on the major twists in Fedor's career along with the recent events and their impact on his reputation.

"They say that "There is only one step between love and hate". Watching the recent developments around "the icon of Russian mixed martial arts," one has the opportunity to witness the wisdom of folk saying. Only a few weeks ago Fedor Emelianenko was considered as the main contestant to mythological character Ilya Murometz for the title of being a top hero by the majority of MMA fans.

Lately, only a few public speeches made a negative hero out of him. Probably, every periodical that talks about martial arts, highlighted the holy war between M-1 Global and UFC. Journalists and fans were divided on two sides with different opinions on the subject. So what did actually happen that made even the loyal fans to look at Fedor Emelianenko from a different prospective? We will try to discover the answer, but first let's get back to history of Fedor coming-to-be an MMA fighter and great champion..."

Continue reading:
Fedor Emelianenko: From love to hate

just great ....Shawn Michaels in more gay outfit than he already wears!!
8/28/09 4:17 PM
Entreri

Yeah he is awesome.

If he cuts weights like other fighters, he could possibly come at MW.

But there is no pussy weight cutting with Fedor.
8/28/09 4:46 PM
Kostakio
841 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Entreri - Yeah he is awesome.

If he cuts weights like other fighters, he could possibly come at MW.

But there is no pussy weight cutting with Fedor.
He definitely can. Easily. He and I have the same exact body. If I can do it, he can do it. 

I haven't done it yet, by the way (lol), but I just know that I can.

8/28/09 5:04 PM
HELWIG

uniqueid09 - Only kids think of it as hate.

I see it more as being bored with the hype over Fedor's invincibility, and his devotion to the M-1 Ponzi Scheme.

We must hear about the Fedor drama constantly, and after a while, it's made him seem a bit high maintenance, and well, smarmy.

Some people may see Fedor's cold calculation, and constant psychotic grin as endearing, but I see Fedor as a typical sly, sociopathic Russian who oozes arrogance.

Even his feigned humility becomes nauseating after a while. He's your standard Russian politician.

Youve been following MMA for 3 months, how can you be "bored" of anything?

We're  you bored watching Fedor hand everyone their ass for 8 years?

"If Brock Lesnar wants to be the greatest fighter in MMA, he has to beat Fedor. It isnt the other way round. "

DING DING DING
8/28/09 5:12 PM
Up With Evil
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah but that's different.
8/28/09 5:22 PM
yomamafool

voted up
8/28/09 5:27 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yomamafool - 

voted up

Fedor is a bit bigger then he seems... but could still make 205

IMO he'd never make 185 like the noobs a few posts above were saying

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.