UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Geek ground sketch thread.

7/11/10 4:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Built Like A Fedor
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

F2F,

I'm guessing we're around the same age, or you might be just a little older.  I agree that Danzig wasn't much of a writer, but I do respect his attempt at trying to do something in comics.  It's a WAY harder medium than most give it credit for, and the ones who become successful in it have my admiration.

I've seen enough talent on this thread to know that if we all collaborated, we could probably do something pretty kick-ass.  So, what I want to know is, who's gonna grab the steering wheel and get this party started?  Hmmmm?
7/11/10 7:31 PM
Nickman9000
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/11/10 7:32 PM
Do you want to do something sequential or just a big piece where we each draw a character? If we get into who is drawing what page in a comic it's going to get too complicated. Best just to keep it simple.

I had an idea to draw each member of the geekground as a different super hero or maybe doing a character based on screen names. Compile a list of the GeekGround's favorite characters and the artists can pick which ones they want. Someone with Photoshop skills can do the composition+color once all drawings are done. Depending on how you want to do the inking someone can volunteer for that too unless you want to ink/color your own.

Just a couple thoughts.

Feel free to throw out something and see what sticks :)
7/11/10 8:37 PM
Fury2Feed
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well lets start with just some character ideas and sketches. Then decide how many characters to be in the the first story. Then come up with a basic plot/character motivation for the first story. Eventually just do a teaser scene or two and a couple cover images.

As far as who draws what pages, let's kinda do our small scenes on our own, a few pages or so, for fun. see what happends from there. Maybe eventualy one person sketches out the pencils, someone else throw some ink on em. I dunno. Cross those bridges when we get to them.

so yeah, let's each come up with our one GG team character archtype. See how far that goes.
7/22/10 9:25 PM
odysseyroc
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pigz -N- The Hood

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h224/odysseyroc/woot/pigz_color.jpg
7/23/10 2:39 AM
IBI
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/23/10 3:29 AM
RedDragonUK
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thats awesome! Ha ha
7/24/10 4:06 AM
Fury2Feed
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool, man. Nice color work.
8/1/10 2:07 AM
odysseyroc
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here are some of my latest designs

http://i25.tinypic.com/zu181x.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h224/odysseyroc/woot/aperfectwave.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/dp8zk3.jpg
8/1/10 8:49 PM
RedDragonUK
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For Tony,

Man those are witchin! See what I did there...here all week....:)

8/2/10 10:12 AM
paw
1172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sweet!
8/12/10 1:37 AM
white_boy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread was a great idea!
8/22/10 10:08 PM
RedDragonUK

This is a quick sketch I did of the back of a house, I did it in pen straight onto paper no pencil allowed lol. I think drawing from life is a good thing to practice plus you can mess about with it, for instance I took away scafolding and added shrubery in places.

8/22/10 10:47 PM
RedDragonUK

Page 1 line work of a webcomic i'm doing for a website before I colour and letter it.

8/23/10 11:09 AM
snowhazell
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread RDUK!
8/24/10 6:01 PM
Fury2Feed

Nice work, RD. What's the premise of you web comic? Looking good, keep us up on when you release it.
8/24/10 8:36 PM
RedDragonUK

Thanks guys and gals. Fury2feed this particular one is part of my friends website, he's a director but has mostly done martial art fight scenes and music videos for music channels over here oh and corporate business ones zzzzz.

Anyway he's setting up this site called the "collectors room" which is basically a tales from the crypt style storytelling vehicle, it's going to have short films,standard films and tv length episodes and comics for the more special effect orientated stories that the budget cant reach which is where I come in.

The guy in the splash page is the "collector" and thats the actor they cast. First story I did has no special effects ironically lol. I will defo post a link when it's done or put it up on here :)
8/29/10 9:07 PM
Doo Doo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tops, i can't see any of this thru goverment filters but i'm check it out tonight...i'm sure ya'll rocking them pens and pencils though...
8/29/10 9:50 PM
RedDragonUK

The teaser poster I did which was originally an alternate cover for Xeno origins but I thought it worked better as a prelude to the comic. I drew the sillouette of Xeno and inked it all up then in PS7 I pairbrushed the background and then carefully painted the lightning strike so it matched the original Frank Miller version (more or less). I'm pretty happy with how it turned out :)
8/30/10 12:27 AM
Doo Doo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nickman9000 -  Awesome stuff bro

what's the artist's name?
8/30/10 8:53 AM
The Elastic Assassin
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doo Doo - 
Nickman9000 -  Awesome stuff bro

what's the artist's name?

the original artist was tim vigil...i belive that is the name ....faust was his creation....
8/30/10 11:51 PM
RedDragonUK

Coloured version, wasnt sure how to approach the light feature so I went with cool lighting and brushed a bit here and there. Guess i'm still learning so these things do crop up.

9/2/10 2:23 PM
Chainbelt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elastic, yeah, it's my original drawing of characters from a book called Faust. Tim Vigil created the characters, of course. I used to love to doodle Faust desecrating people in high school and get in trouble for it.

Looks good in color, Red. What'd you use?
9/4/10 5:26 AM
Fury2Feed

^^lol Chainbelt is my brother's screen name. Was on his computer, thought I was logged in as me.
9/5/10 7:41 PM
RedDragonUK

F2F no worries mate, I used photoshop 7, it's the only programme I have for that stuff, I do all my lettering in it too. I used a combination of brush,airbrush,soft edge,hard edge and swapped between using a mouse and the stylus.
9/5/10 9:29 PM
RedDragonUK

Todd Mcfarlane drawing lesson on how to draw hands.

twitpic.com/2kbxiz

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.