UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> How often do you guys do bridging exercises?

8/31/09 5:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MartialArtFTW
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm newb at it......
9/29/09 8:44 AM
Ajm1218
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Part of my warm up, in everything I do, MMA, Wrestling or BJJ. I want my neck strong to prevent injuries and limit any head control an opponent will try for.
10/2/09 3:03 AM
Saku12
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

same as above
10/3/09 2:02 PM
nyuwrestling
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

with every warm up, also i do 100 bridges with a 45lbs plate a couple times a week. (the 100 is not at once its just a total, i try to get them out in as little sets as possible)
10/5/09 3:30 PM
MartialArtFTW

thanks guys, I think i'll add it to my warm-ups too.
10/13/09 8:56 AM
Ajm1218
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also try to get some sets in with a weight, it really helps. Your neck will be sore from bridging exercises at first, but it makes a big difference in injury prevention.
10/21/09 1:17 AM
Hecademus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I started with 2 minutes a side (upside down and front bridge) every day then worked up to 5 minutes a side. Every day in the morning before running or after immediately after then part of the warm up in during practice.
11/8/09 5:21 AM
parklife
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in wrestling practice we did it everyday...
11/11/09 8:46 AM
baptistmo
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I coach a club of kids from 5yrs old to 8th graders. We do it as part of our warm up every day. We emphasis on not touching your back to the mat even when rotating for a front bridge to a back bridge. I think it's key to do this for a few minutes each practice. As the season progressing we have the kids not use there hands as well. I think it's as important as learning the correct tecnique for a good HC or double leg shot.
11/13/09 1:49 AM
IronMonkey
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there a certain age group of people where bridging exercises are not recommended? I had a guy told me that bridging is dangerous.

I do muay thai but did wrestling briefly and found bridging was one of the best exercises I've ever learnt. Did it for warm ups every training session and it has helped me immensely I think for my thai clinch.
11/26/09 6:02 AM
RUSRedDevil
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use it as a stretch, not a strength exercize, I do practice explosive bucking/bridging. I got the idea from a Bas Rutten instructional, people don't practice their bucking nearly enough
12/3/09 5:39 AM
WrestlingSucks
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After stretching, do a complete neck bridge (completely off your back)

Raise your hands to the sky, palms open, and have a partner of equal or less weight do twenty push ups off your knees while you support his knees in the air with your hands.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.