UnderGround Forums

Money, Business & Finance Ground >> Anyone read Coming Collapse of the Dollar?

9/1/09 9:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
koreviewz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KO-REVIEWS.COM, OWNER

Great book!  I highly recommend it!!!  Find it at the library or amazon.

http://success-and-health.blogspot.com/
9/6/09 5:48 PM
koreviewz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The IPC Program, OWNER
 No one has read this?  Freaking rules man.  Especially right now.
9/8/09 10:29 AM
thefightingsheep
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The title makes it sound like one of "those kind of books".  I leave those for Z Guard and Fugazi to read and summarize in their daily OG threads.

9/11/09 12:40 PM
koreviewz

The MMA Search Engine, OWNER
 What do you mean "those books"?

9/11/09 9:34 PM
Hugh Jorgan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Those books" are written by people like you that spam this forum.
9/13/09 11:07 PM
koreviewz

The MMA Search Engine, OWNER
Thefightingsheep, I'd love to hear your answer.
9/21/09 12:17 AM
alley
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The title does sound suspicious
9/21/09 9:54 AM
thefightingsheep
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/21/09 9:54 AM
"Those types of books" are ones that are part factual and part disaster-fiction.  They are also extremely popular with the types of people who fill up (and ruin IMO) public discussion boards like this one.  They rely on a couple of simple, but misunderstood, facts about politics and economics:  1) There is so much complexity and variability in outcomes that nothing can be predicted with 100% accuracy, and 2) There is so much data from so many different places that almost any theory can have some supporting evidence.

From there people get away with the pseudo-scientific cherry picking of pieces of evidence to support the most extreme scenarios.  They sound plausible when you read them exclusively, but they omit the mountains of evidence which support other views and they don't approach statistics in the proper context--i.e. just because we can't predict an exact outcome doesn't mean that we can't predict probabilities and ranges of outcomes that are more or less likely. 

Maybe this book is different but, if so, then I would question why its titled the way it is rather than with a title like, "Predictions and Analysis of the Future Value of the Dollar". 
9/21/09 11:13 PM
koreviewz

MMA Product Reviews, OWNER
 Well, they gotta sell books.  So that is why the title is like that.  Plus, it is accurate.  Like I said, I have zero affiliation with the book at all.  But I read is when published, dropped all the stocks they suggested, invested in what they suggested and I've pull about a 200% return on my investments over the course of the last couple years. 

I recommend it because the advice has helped me to outperform the market drastically.  But it's all preference I guess. 
9/22/09 2:07 AM
mikehh
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ if there is hyperinflation solid stocks (and all assets) will shoot though the roof

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.