UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Neer replaces Sherk at UFC 104

9/2/09 7:17 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
UG News
1053 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News

Josh Neer will replace an injured Sean Sherk in a lightweight bout against Gleison Tibau at UFC 104 on Oct. 24 in Los Angeles, according to a source close to the matchup.

Sherk, 36, suffered a shoulder injury in training that will keep him out of the gym for approximately four weeks, according to his manager Monte Cox. The injury is a setback for the former lightweight champion, who is 1-1 in his last two Octagon appearances since failing to recapture the crown from B.J. Penn at UFC 84 in May 2008.

read full article...

9/2/09 7:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheBear228
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Sherk is upset about this. While Sherk is too much a professional to fake an injury, he seemed downright heartbroken about having to fight in California again when I asked him about it last month.

The Muscle Shark will be back, strong as ever, and NOT in California.
9/2/09 7:21 PM
Master Shredder
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NEER is a warrior!...so is Sherk.

GO NEER!
9/2/09 7:24 PM
JT42382
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn man, what about Frankie Edgar??
9/2/09 7:45 PM
PoundFoolish
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forget Edgar, Neer is the man. WAR NEER!!
9/2/09 7:47 PM
newbyfan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think this was a no win fight for Sherk so glad to hear it.
9/2/09 7:57 PM
NJstileNJ
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

neer wins this
9/2/09 7:58 PM
Slapsymaxi
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark my words.

15 minutes of Tibau hanging onto Neers legs.

Max
9/2/09 7:59 PM
PoundFoolish
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neer TKO round 2
9/2/09 8:03 PM
BeingPrettyWasNotEnuff
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheBear228 - I don't think Sherk is upset about this. While Sherk is too much a professional to fake an injury, he seemed downright heartbroken about having to fight in California again when I asked him about it last month.

Sean is absolutely NOT faking.

9/2/09 8:37 PM
orcus

" damn man, what about Frankie Edgar??"

Tibau would be a big step backwards for Frankie.
9/2/09 8:53 PM
TPhenom01
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if this fight will remain on the main card now that Sherk has pulled out due to injury.
9/2/09 9:30 PM
PoundFoolish

OuTkAsTTTTT69 - Not the least bit interested in seeing any of these fights personally, so who cares..

Well you sir, can go suck a fat one.
9/2/09 9:39 PM
The Notorious OMG
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OuTkAsTTTTT69 - Not the least bit interested in seeing any of these fights personally, so who cares..

not interested in seeing Neer fight?

were you blacked out during his Diaz and Danzig fights?

although I have a feeling Tibau will look to execute the Pellegrino gammeplan, I think about his fight with Tyson Griffin and think maybe it'll be exciting.
9/2/09 9:44 PM
opiate

i hope neer wins, but gleison is a bad matchup for him.

hes gonna lay and pray neer. and hes tough to sub. neer will have to tko which isnt an easy task
9/2/09 9:44 PM
opiate

i hope neer wins, but gleison is a bad matchup for him.

hes gonna lay and pray neer. and hes tough to sub. neer will have to tko which isnt an easy task
9/2/09 9:53 PM
GaymidaGaydan
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Plus why is he fighting a guy that just got beat by guillard.

FEED HIM FLORIAN AGAIN!
9/2/09 10:05 PM
PoundFoolish

The Notorious OMG - 
OuTkAsTTTTT69 - Not the least bit interested in seeing any of these fights personally, so who cares..

not interested in seeing Neer fight?

were you blacked out during his Diaz and Danzig fights?

although I have a feeling Tibau will look to execute the Pellegrino gammeplan, I think about his fight with Tyson Griffin and think maybe it'll be exciting.
+1

9/2/09 11:01 PM
TheBear228
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BeingPrettyWasNotEnuff - 
TheBear228 - I don't think Sherk is upset about this. While Sherk is too much a professional to fake an injury, he seemed downright heartbroken about having to fight in California again when I asked him about it last month.

Sean is absolutely NOT faking.

I didn't mean to imply he was faking. All I was trying to get at is that with an injury coming up, and his disgust with the California athletic comission, I just don't think he felt like killing himself to make that fight. I don't blame him for it, and I don't think anyone else does.
9/2/09 11:03 PM
koreviewz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KO-REVIEWS.COM, OWNER
 Man, you have to give mad respect to Neer.  He's obviously a tough guy.  But for all the love he gets, he's a gatekeeper.
9/2/09 11:59 PM
EKPOGI
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i hope sherk heals asap.he should take something that helps lubricates the joints and help him recover faster.
9/3/09 12:19 AM
PrinceAlbert

Didn't Sherk say he wouldn't fight in California again?
9/3/09 10:52 AM
Spencer Fisher
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neer by ko!!!
9/14/09 10:23 AM
sYkOaKtIvE

ttt! whooooooooo!
9/14/09 1:05 PM
holly9000
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for Josh Neer!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.