UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tuscherer details lost nut, dry heaves, questions

9/2/09 11:46 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
UG News
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News

For UFC 102's Chris Tuscherer, unanswered questions just as damaging as brutal groin shot

At this past weekend's UFC 102 event at the Rose Garden Arena in Portland, Ore., the groin shot hurt plenty badly. Plenty badly.

But even more frustrating for UFC newcomer Chris Tuscherer was the lack of answers he received from Oregon State Athletic Commission officials after opponent Gabriel Gonzaga tagged him with one of the worst groin shots in MMA history.

On today's edition of MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio), Tuscherer, who ultimately suffered a brutal knockout via head kick and follow-up punches, said that lack of information eventually led him to the disastrous decision to continue in the fight.

read full article...

9/2/09 11:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jave
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No disrespect to Tuscherer, but this is a pro sport and a business. Doesn't he as a fighter know what the rules are before going in there?

In every other sport all players know exactly every rule of the game, why is this different ?
9/2/09 11:56 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jave - No disrespect to Tuscherer, but this is a pro sport and a business. Doesn't he as a fighter know what the rules are before going in there?

In every other sport all players know exactly every rule of the game, why is this different ?

McNabb and overtime disagree
9/2/09 11:57 PM
MountainMedic
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lost nut?
9/2/09 11:59 PM
puddlesmith
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

or you'd figure the ref and doctor would know the rules
9/3/09 12:00 AM
2mmafreaks
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

know the rules next time bro
9/3/09 12:11 AM
jave

^^ yeah exactly, pro fighters should know this man, it's their living and business. Again no disrespect here, but if you were stepping into the ring to fight wouldn't you prepare yourself with the rules?

I'm sure cro-cop knew when he was hit in the junk what exactly was going on "rule wise"? or how about Renzo hit to the back of the head from Frank Shamrock?

Those two must have known the rules, they must have, how can you not when you're a pro in the sport and in most cases this is your living?
9/3/09 12:14 AM
MountainMedic
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so we're talkin about a misplaced nut, not lost?
9/3/09 12:19 AM
jave

liquidrob - 
jave - No disrespect to Tuscherer, but this is a pro sport and a business. Doesn't he as a fighter know what the rules are before going in there?

McNabb and overtime disagree

Look where that got him, laughed at and disrespected. I'll quote one headline.

"Ignorance of rules a sign McNabb doesn't love football"

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2008-11-19/ignorance-rules-sign-mcnabb-doesnt-love-football
9/3/09 12:25 AM
HULKSMASH

Just a squirrel trying to find a nut..
9/3/09 12:27 AM
Crooklyn
678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck Support Team
HULKSMASH - Just a squirrel trying to find a nut..

Hahahahaha!  Oh man, that was funny=)
9/3/09 12:33 AM
Squared Circle
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I received the following message from my dear friend, Fargoplata.

GABRIEL!! WHY YOU MAKE A KICK TO TUSCHERER BALLS?? AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! HOW IS THIS HAPPEN?? TUSCHERER WHAT HAPPEN?? THAT UFC MATCH FOR NORTH DAKOTA??? BUT GABRIEL!!

GABRIEL I GONNA RESPECT YOU FOR SAY YOU KNOW THE KICK TUSCHERER AND RESPECT FOR YOU AGE!! BUT HOW YOU MAKE A GOOD FIGHT AFTER?? UNDERSTAND THIS MAN CAN NOT MAKE A MOVE OF HIS GROIN. HIS BALLS BROKEN BY KICK!!

TUSCHERER YOU WARRIOR!! AND HE BREAK YOU SPIRIT GABRIEL!! THIS HIGH KICK AND THIS CHRIS MAKE MORE FIGHT!! MY GOD......FOR THIS PEOPLE SAY TUSCHERER YOU SUCK YOU NOT TOUGH GUY I SAY GO MAKE A FUCK WITH YOU SISTER!! FUCKING A IDIOT!!

GABRIEL RESPECT FOR YOU AND THIS UFC CONTRACT!! BUT NOW ALL FIGHTER OF MMAA THESE ASASSIN GONNA HUNT YOU DOWN!! LESNAR ATTACK!!LARSON ATTACK!! LOGAN ATTACK!! YES GOAT ATTACK GO TO FIGHT!!!
9/3/09 12:42 AM
Cage45

I don't know...but I can imagine being a little confused after being kicked in the nuts so hard I was dry heaving and thinking that one of my nuts was kicked internally.

The fact that the rules were escaping him at the time is pretty understandable...WTF man, have you ever been kicked in the nuts? I'd say I might have experienced being hit 1/10th that hard before and had a hard time remembering my name!
9/3/09 12:44 AM
Kirik
1598 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/03/09 12:47 AM
Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 Different ACs handle it a little differently, but basically there are a couple of things that come into play. One, was it accidental? There is not disagreement on this one. Ref determined that the blow was accidental.

So now the guy has up to five minutes to recover. The ref at the end of that time period or whenever the fouled fighter steps back up, now has to determine whether the fouled fighter's ability to compete is seriously compromised. Diff ACs use different verbiage, but basically, it is assumed that getting fouled is not going to help your performance; there has to be pretty significant loss of fighting ability. The foul can't be any kind of a concussion, either, usually.

If after five minutes (or less if the determination was made quicker) the ref feels the fouled fighter cannot continue, then if there has been a significant portion of the fight already done (time or portion of fight varies from AC to AC) then you can go to judges score cards. In a case like this, in the first round, if the fouled fighter in the opinion of the ref cannot go on due to impairment from the accidental foul, then it is declared a No Contest.

Every ref has been there a few times. This is generally a really tough decision to make. The fight usually goes on.

9/3/09 12:49 AM
PembrokePinesVillain

wow at anyone blaming him, even tho the ref and the doctor apparently didnt know either. this is bs
9/3/09 12:58 AM
robbie380
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jave - ^^ yeah exactly, pro fighters should know this man, it's their living and business. Again no disrespect here, but if you were stepping into the ring to fight wouldn't you prepare yourself with the rules?

I'm sure cro-cop knew when he was hit in the junk what exactly was going on "rule wise"? or how about Renzo hit to the back of the head from Frank Shamrock?

Those two must have known the rules, they must have, how can you not when you're a pro in the sport and in most cases this is your living?
i like how you call out the fighter for not knowing what was going on after he admitted that he was passed out and him spazzing out in the ring was him coming to and thinking he was still fighting on the ground.  lol@you for blaming him and not the officials he was asking for clarification.  it's a complete joke that ufc and athletic commission officials had no clue what would happen.

9/3/09 1:03 AM
jave

Kirik has a nice point, top that with the knowledge that he didn't know the rules and was asking during the fight what if this... what if that... The ref's and doctors job was only to make sure if he was good to fight.

If he as a fighter had of shown he could not contiune because of the blow, and said he was in too much pain to contiune or even was unresponsive and in pain and didn't anwser, what would have been the outcome? do you think the ref would have ruled him to keep fighting even tho he was dry heaving and having trouble standing nursing his groin?

The ref only wanted to know if he could continue which is his job at that point. The fighter was confused with the rules and opted to continue and the ref assumed he was good to go along with the doctor because he didn't state otherwise.
9/3/09 1:08 AM
jave

robbie380 - 
jave - ^^ yeah exactly, pro fighters should know this man, it's their living and business. Again no disrespect here, but if you were stepping into the ring to fight wouldn't you prepare yourself with the rules?

i like how you call out the fighter for not knowing what was going on after he admitted that he was passed out and him spazzing out in the ring was him coming to and thinking he was still fighting on the ground.  lol@you for blaming him and not the officials he was asking for clarification.  it's a complete joke that ufc and athletic commission officials had no clue what would happen.

I am not blaming any fighter for what happend, and I feel bad for him and hope he gets another shot in the UFC. However, he said he was ready to continue, and he did.

I disagree with this decision afterwards to start controversy, clearly the rules are out there, Kirik pointed them out pretty well.

Kirik also stated they're different with different AC's, same as speed limits on different roads, you have to make yourself aware.
9/3/09 1:12 AM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get queasy just thinking about that fight, and the article just made it worse.

*runs away to the nearest toilet to vomit*
9/3/09 1:17 AM
jave

Edited: 09/03/09 1:52 AM
LilBrockonmychest -   "The fighter was confused with the rules and opted to continue and the ref assumed he was good to go along with the doctor because he didn't state otherwise. "So you think it was a good decision by the Dr to let the fight continue even though he was informed  that a fighter had a testicle kicked up inside him and it was still there? If anything, Tuscherer's only fault is that he is too tough

I cannot speak on behalf of the doctor's decision nor gave any remarks stating it was a good or bad decision. Only that the fighter agreed to keep fighting in the match and that the ref and doctor took what he said into account and let the fight continue based on the fighters response.
9/3/09 1:21 AM
Leghound
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

robbie380 - lol@you for blaming him and not the officials he was asking for clarification.  it's a complete joke that ufc and athletic commission officials had no clue what would happen.

sounds like it was just the commission officials and the refs and had nothing to do w/ the UFC officials
9/3/09 1:23 AM
ajjr0ller
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Squared Circle -

LOL
9/3/09 2:07 AM
jave

Cage45 - 

I don't know...but I can imagine being a little confused after being kicked in the nuts so hard I was dry heaving and thinking that one of my nuts was kicked internally.

The fact that the rules were escaping him at the time is pretty understandable...WTF man, have you ever been kicked in the nuts? I'd say I might have experienced being hit 1/10th that hard before and had a hard time remembering my name!

I have not been kicked in the nuts that hard, no.. and i'm thankful for it!

I'll try and relate to this, though one can never relate as you're not that person in that time or space during that happening of events.

I have been in a car accident and had my foot crushed breaking it in 6 places. I puked after it happend in the ambulance, I think I have an understanding of the pain factor that is so intense it makes you vomit, but in a different area of the body so not sure how that works out.

I knew I was speeding and told the ambulance along with cops on site that I was doing the speed limit during the pain and puking after they asked me. I was able to recall the rules of the road and the limit of the road I was on at the time.

Again guys, no disrespect to the guy or anyone else, but to point fingers at the AC and doctor and ignore the fact you didn't know the rules in this state or with this AC on this issue is not going to go anywhere.
9/3/09 2:21 AM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the groin shot definitely seems more damaging than unanswered questions.
9/3/09 2:40 AM
BUFFGEO

Im tired of reading all this bullshit

look fags, the guy said he wanted to fight... i dont give a shit why or what he did and didnt know!

its not the docs or refs job or place to advise a fighter of the rules in the god damn ring wether they knew the rules or not is irrelevant!

Tucher said he wanted to fight, now if the doc or ref wemt ahead and stopped it anyway you would ALL be on here bitching about how he should have been allowed to continue...

Show shut the hell up about this already!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.