UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> Royler Gracie Seminar Off the hook!!!

9/6/09 7:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JJK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys, did anyone else go to Royler Gracie's recent series of seminars over the last week? Royler Gracie was just amazing!!! His attitude was infectious and his teaching straight from the heart and perfectly sequenced as would be expected from the Master!!! His techniques perfect, his energy and enthusiasm always high and even talked in good spirits of the memories of his father. A great man, a great teacher and a great learning experience for all those lucky enough to attend!!! Anyone elso who attended please feel free to share your thoughts!!!
9/6/09 11:41 AM
BenBJJ
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/06/09 11:42 AM
Great guy, great techniques, terrible seminars.

Maybe he totally re-jigged how he does his seminars.

He is responsible for turning me off seminars years ago.

Guys like Paradeda, on the other hand, actually answer your legitimate questions.
9/7/09 1:53 AM
sliverbjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really enjoyed Royler's seminar in Sydney.

The techniques were good and varied and his enthusiasm was great to see. He spent heaps of time going around helping people get the techniques right, and the things he told us were inspiring and interesting. He's also a very funny and engaging guy and the seminar went by in a flash.

I didn't like the Q&A part at the end too much, but there wasn't much time left.
9/7/09 2:37 AM
JJK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BenBJJ - Great guy, great techniques, terrible seminars.

Maybe he totally re-jigged how he does his seminars.

He is responsible for turning me off seminars years ago.

Guys like Paradeda, on the other hand, actually answer your legitimate questions.

I must admit this was by far the best seminar I have ever been to and was definately different to some that he has done in the past. But terrible seminars... Come on, that's a bit harsh! I realise sometimes the instructor caters more towards the crowd which is quite often a lot of white and blue belts but this one was amazing and Royler showed some very advanced positions as well!

As for Fernando Paradeda, well he's just awesome too. I was fortunate enough to first start learning from him more than 10-11 years ago when he was out in Australia as ablue belt on a surfing trip! Great guy who really cares and is passionate about teaching!
Each to their own I guess. Oh and I agree about the Q & A. It was very rushed due to time constraints and left a little to be desired but overall a great seminar!
9/7/09 6:36 AM
armbarcrashdummy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/07/09 6:50 AM
I went to both the Canberra and Sydney seminar and thought they were pretty good. He showed some some fundamental tech and some flashy stuff in a solid manner. Sure, the Q&A was a bit rushed, but I was starving by then so I didn't care!

:)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.