UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> LSAT Prep Help Please

9/6/09 12:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RyPuhnie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello all,

I am planning on taking the LSAT in dec. I really want to and need to do well on this because my GPA isnt ideal. My BA is in English. From University of Maryland, College Park. So a good school. Not sure what the GPA is until I get my transcripts but Id guess around a 2.7.

So what should I do or need to prepare for the LSAT. Any good book recommendations? Any websites? My sister in law is giving me $1,200 worth of credit to powerscore.com. Not sure how good that is. Thanks for any tips and advice.

Ryan
9/7/09 4:22 PM
Xtina
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^  especially that last part.
9/7/09 7:06 PM
RyPuhnie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you
9/8/09 1:13 AM
Shaz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you can use that $1200 for something else try the Princeton Review.  I used to teach for them several years ago and they really know all the little tricks.

And I completely disagree about not going to law school if you are paying for it with loans.

-Shaz! 
9/8/09 10:01 AM
RyPuhnie

Thank you Shaz. Great info because yes, I will be using student loans haha, im not loaded.
9/8/09 12:10 PM
Fake Pie
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with CDO on all points, especially about the loans. Doesn't make sense to take loans now considering the market for lawyers is shit. Why incur debt when your chances of a job are this low? I'd go to grad school for free. You can always do law school later. Or, if you really kill the LSAT, go to a lesser school that will free-ride you.
9/8/09 5:40 PM
rocklos
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Powerscore is a good course and they use actual lsat questions in their material. They have some pretty good books to self study from as well

Reasoning bibles and the logic games bible. read those books do examples they have take tests under real conditions. Also try and just take sections from older tests meaning 91-94.

Good luck taking the test dec. myself

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.