UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Cheap double bass set up

9/7/09 5:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
American Icon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking to get back into drumming after many years off and I'm looking for the cheapest double bass set up I can find to practice with. Can the soundground point me in the right direction?
9/8/09 10:13 PM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A double bass pedal might be the ticket especially if you have space limitations though you have to play with batter weight and length to make it feel like a true double bass setup.

What kind of pedals do you prefer?
9/9/09 5:56 PM
American Icon

The cheap kind. I'm really just looking for a kit that I can practice on and not give a shit if I wreck it. Guitar Center had some decent deals over this past weekend, but no double bass set ups.
9/13/09 7:20 AM
Thelonious

You'd be better of getting a double pedal for a single bass drum, especially if money is a concern.

Try out as many pedals as you can find in your price range and pick whatever feels best. I'd take a thirty year old speed king over an expensive chain cam, so it's completely a personal thing.
9/23/09 12:33 PM
Mikusoraiden
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*hefts stand up bass and "walks" out of thread disappointed*

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.