UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Chopped on Food Network?

9/9/09 7:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pito Chueco
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who else watches this? I am addicted to this show.
9/9/09 1:58 PM
crescentwrench
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They push it like a Snuggie but I've never watched it.  What's it about?
9/9/09 4:53 PM
Pito Chueco
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They start out with 4 chefs, and eliminate one after each round. There are 3 rounds, appettizer, entree and dessert.

The are given off the wall ingredients and only given a minimal amount of time to come up with something. Judges vote and chop the loser.

Sounds cheesy, but pretty interesting to see the combinations they come up with out of incompatible ingredients.
9/9/09 9:34 PM
crescentwrench
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, so kinda like a Top Chef quickfire challenge every week.  Cool, I'll have to check it out now.
9/10/09 10:10 AM
Kevin Curtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have watched a few episodes... me likey. Is a new episode on tonight?
9/11/09 5:51 PM
d0mm3r
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crescentwrench -  Oh, so kinda like a Top Chef quickfire challenge every week.  Cool, I'll have to check it out now.

Pretty much, which is why I like it.
9/14/09 1:56 PM
daygeaux

They should stick to regular cooking shows.
9/14/09 7:52 PM
Pito Chueco

New episode tomorrow 9PM CST
9/14/09 8:01 PM
Mark1

I like it.

Mark
9/15/09 6:51 AM
Kevin Curtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pito Chueco - New episode tomorrow 9PM CST

thanks.
10/31/09 5:29 PM
BettyHumpter
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the show, but the host and judges are usually complete toolbags.
10/31/09 8:31 PM
Pito Chueco

Yeah, some of the judges act like their shit doesn't stink, but I actually like the light in the loafers host.
11/2/09 11:23 PM
steak and chicken

a friend won the show, I believe it was aired in june?

we dont get it here in Canada but she was the east indian girl from Boston (just moved there with her hubby) Roshni and cant recall if they used her maiden name or married name really short girl and she is from Brampton, Ontario Originally. she beat out 2 italian guys and a gay guy.

was pretty cool to see her on TV as she is my GF's best friend.

the shit she told me about the show is crazy, its hard as hell because you have no time and suprise ingredients and the judges are harsh. Its not like she had the time to prepare a favorite she cooks or anything, plus all the editing and stuff, they even asked her if she could cry at the end to make it more dramatic

I have the episode on my comp if anyone is interested but its a huge file might take awhile, dont know how to convert it
11/3/09 7:04 AM
Pito Chueco

I saw that one....If I recall properly she came from a large family, and her parents didn't think a chef was a legit profession. She seemed cool.
11/4/09 2:39 PM
steak and chicken

Pito Chueco - I saw that one....If I recall properly she came from a large family, and her parents didn't think a chef was a legit profession. She seemed cool.

yep thats the one, short girl with glasses
11/8/09 3:28 AM
Hiznaturegirl

I watched it today for the first time.

Very Interesting. If you like culinary stuff.
The basket of ingredients was
Eel
Peaches
Scallions
Snow peas
Sounds weird they get a different basket of ingredients for each round. The show has three rounds per episode.
1/7/10 1:24 PM
Breezah

Definitely shows that part of being a chef is creativity. Some of those ingredients and having to make something that tastes good and is visually appealing in a small amount of time really gives you no other choice than to pull something outta your ass.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.