UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Import racer nerds meet American muscle (vid)

9/9/09 4:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TOWE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ the import guy saying "I think he's scared", and then gets lit up!
9/9/09 4:46 PM
nhbMIKE
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome
9/9/09 4:48 PM
TOWE

Look @ 1:31 of the video, you can tell he wasn't even on the gas  and just letting those idiots think they had him.  Then his front end raises when he punches it and smokes them!  Love this video...
9/9/09 4:57 PM
stickman
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The video isn't loading properly for me (damn you work network!) but the title says Corvette vs. Eagle talon.

Aren't both of those American cars? Which one wins?
9/9/09 4:59 PM
RyPuhnie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Eagle Talons were American also.
9/9/09 5:10 PM
kylethasnizake
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that is in my hometown, Cedar Falls, IA, home of Travis Fulton, Pinks, and a horde of fat chicks! actually that street they were racing on was one of the top ten crusing strips in the nation back in the 80's, jealousy is a bitch aint it. suck one OG!
9/9/09 5:16 PM
TOWE

Ya, but Eagle Talons are still fixed up like the imports if I'm not mistaken?  Aren't they the poor man's Eclipse?  Either way, I would consider those two in the car import guys... 
9/9/09 5:27 PM
nhbMIKE
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought a talon was an eclipse with an eagle stamp put on it. it may be made in america but its a jap design right?
9/9/09 5:29 PM
KingOfFighters

Lol TOWE FAIL.......

Both are american cars.

Lol@ bragging about an eagle talon, lol seriously?

That red p.o.s. has nothing on a supra or skyline, period.
9/9/09 5:32 PM
Steamfitter

eagle talon/mitsubishi eclipe/plymouth laser all were made at the same plant in the usa.
9/9/09 5:38 PM
jaysonv2277

KingOfFighters - Lol TOWE FAIL.......

Both are american cars.

Supra's are just fucking mean. I wish they still made them.
9/9/09 5:43 PM
nhbMIKE

Steamfitter -  eagle talon/mitsubishi eclipe/plymouth laser all were made at the same plant in the usa.

and american and german cars are made in mexico. the question is, was it a japenese design?
9/9/09 5:45 PM
Road Warrior Fin
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This entire conversation is stupid.

You can make a fucking bathtub on wheels run a 11 second 1/4.  The only debate should be what a car will do stock vs stock.  Once you get into the modded discussion it just gets fucking retarded from whatever side you are on.

9/9/09 5:48 PM
TOWE

Edited: 09/09/09 5:49 PM

Both are american cars.

FAIL?  Ummm, the video itself says importeveolution.com or some shit.  Oh darn, so I don't know about Eagle Talons, I should be banned.  And calling a Lingenfelter Corvette a POS just shows how stupid you really are, talk about FAIL... 
9/9/09 6:08 PM
Steamfitter

nhbMIKE - 
Steamfitter -  eagle talon/mitsubishi eclipe/plymouth laser all were made at the same plant in the usa.

and american and german cars are made in mexico. the question is, was it a japenese design?

iirc it was a co development with mitsubishi.
9/9/09 6:11 PM
kcbjj
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember this video. I don't think it is a Lingefelter Corvette though. Maybe a Z06??
9/9/09 6:24 PM
KingOfFighters

When compared to a skyline or supra, it is a pos, period.

TOWE - 

Both are american cars.

FAIL?  Ummm, the video itself says importeveolution.com or some shit.  Oh darn, so I don't know about Eagle Talons, I should be banned.  And calling a Lingenfelter Corvette a POS just shows how stupid you really are, talk about FAIL... 
9/9/09 6:59 PM
TOWE

KingOfFighters - When compared to a skyline or supra, it is a pos, period.

TOWE - 

Both are american cars.

Your age is showing, guess thats what happens when you're from the Fast n Furious generation..
9/9/09 7:01 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1059 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TOWE,  YOU GOT MAIL NUKKA!  ANSWER IT
9/9/09 7:02 PM
ArmbarKing
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The car in that vid is not a Lingenfelter tuned Vette, and also not a Z06, it had some work done to it by Doug Rippie motorsports.  He was also spraying nitrous, and spun like crazy in the last race.  You see his front end lift when he finally hooks up and reels the talon in.

Kingoffighters,

What does a Supra with 500 hp, 700 hp and 900 hp have in common?  They all run 12's.
9/9/09 7:10 PM
3rdtimesacharm
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Supra's are highway rollon racing cars how gay is that? That is why you don't see them on road courses or drag racing.

I agree with the guy who commented on once you start modding cars everything goes out the window.
9/9/09 7:18 PM
TOWE

BIGWHITESEXY - TOWE,  YOU GOT MAIL NUKKA!  ANSWER IT

Nothing there.  Don't worry dude, it was only a joke cuz I swore I remember you being from somewhere close to Fremont! LOL
9/9/09 7:19 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1059 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GOD DAMN YOU!  LOFL
9/9/09 7:20 PM
TOWE

ArmbarKing -  The car in that vid is not a Lingenfelter tuned Vette, and also not a Z06, it had some work done to it by Doug Rippie motorsports.  He was also spraying nitrous, and spun like crazy in the last race.  You see his front end lift when he finally hooks up and reels the talon in.

Kingoffighters,

What does a Supra with 500 hp, 700 hp and 900 hp have in common?  They all run 12's.

Thanks for clearing up what it was, I was going off what was on Youtube!  Looked to me like he was sandbagging in the last race, not spinnng?
9/9/09 7:23 PM
ArmbarKing
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No worries, I know that because the owner of the Vette posts on a car board I frequent.  Said he had recently installed the nitrous and wasn't used to the additional power yet.  He eventually added a maggnusson supercharger in addition to the nitrous.........think he was pushing a little north of 600hp.  Another thing is that the vette owner became friends with the Talon guys which was kind of cool, no animosity or bad blood.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.