UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Import racer nerds meet American muscle (vid)

9/9/09 10:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FP101
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man I so want a souped up Vette or Mustang.
9/9/09 10:56 PM
Cire
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that think would destroy my G35 - ditto
9/9/09 11:22 PM
TOWE

Cire - that think would destroy my G35 - ditto

I have a 2008 G35S Sedan, love that thing.  Fast as hell imo, but luxury fast, not racing fast...

(custom painted the tailights, looks awesome from behind)

I also have a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 and believe it or not that thing beats a lot of cars (5.7 liter Hemi, 340 horspower).

The fastest car I've been in is a Twin Turbo Porshe GT, jesus christ that thing moves!
9/10/09 5:51 AM
1911fanatic

ArmbarKing -  The car in that vid is not a Lingenfelter tuned Vette, and also not a Z06, it had some work done to it by Doug Rippie motorsports.  He was also spraying nitrous, and spun like crazy in the last race.  You see his front end lift when he finally hooks up and reels the talon in.

Kingoffighters,

What does a Supra with 500 hp, 700 hp and 900 hp have in common?  They all run 12's.

Spoken the correct.

The remark about the Supras is correct. Dyno Queens, that break parts and can't hook up.
9/10/09 6:08 AM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TOWE -  Look @ 1:31 of the video, you can tell he wasn't even on the gas  and just letting those idiots think they had him.  Then his front end raises when he punches it and smokes them!  Love this video...

yeah, cool I wouldnt have noticed without your post
9/24/09 2:59 AM
White347LX

Talon, Laser and Eclipse = DSM

They were built in Normal, IL.

FYI
9/24/09 7:03 AM
KingOfFighters

7 second supra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJAh6FrOALE&feature=PlayList&p=7C8C4859A5AFC7BF&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

9 second supra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-hj63IX9FM

there's countless other videos of supras doing well below 12 seconds. Vettes are for Dbags

TOWE - 
ArmbarKing -  The car in that vid is not a Lingenfelter tuned Vette, and also not a Z06, it had some work done to it by Doug Rippie motorsports.  He was also spraying nitrous, and spun like crazy in the last race.  You see his front end lift when he finally hooks up and reels the talon in.

Kingoffighters,

What does a Supra with 500 hp, 700 hp and 900 hp have in common?  They all run 12's.

Thanks for clearing up what it was, I was going off what was on Youtube!  Looked to me like he was sandbagging in the last race, not spinnng?
9/24/09 11:56 AM
White347LX

KingOfFighters - Vettes are for Dbags

You've never met anyone who has a Supra, have you? I've taken some serious cash from Chicago area Supra guys and they are easily the most pompous group of street racers I've ever met. Not down to earth and friendly like the Vette, F body, DSM or Mustang guys at all.
9/24/09 12:07 PM
Man in Block
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

most supra guys are credit card hot rodders
9/24/09 9:18 PM
Mark1

jesus...  a Supra fanboy.

Mark
9/24/09 9:34 PM
KingOfFighters

I'm a supra owner, but I don't race.......but Yeah I could see where your coming from with that comment.

White347LX - 
KingOfFighters - Vettes are for Dbags

You've never met anyone who has a Supra, have you? I've taken some serious cash from Chicago area Supra guys and they are easily the most pompous group of street racers I've ever met. Not down to earth and friendly like the Vette, F body, DSM or Mustang guys at all.
9/25/09 1:48 AM
Road Warrior Fin
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is always people like KOP that fucks up the scene for everyone and tries to make some kind of line.  Most people in the scene are cool until some douchebag like KOP starts chiming in on all the import vs domestic shit.

Both scenes are cool and there are plenty of humble and cool people.  Then people like KOP are total dicks who ruin the fun for everyone even though we all share a love of speed and motorsports.

Congrats KOP - You've earned the douche award once again!
9/25/09 8:30 PM
Cire
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TOWE, mine is a 2006 G35 sliver coupe. I love my car. Great daily driver.
11/22/09 11:06 PM
TheeSenator
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Being friends with Clint Pohler who owned to orginal 9 sec street supra I can say that not all supras are 12 sec. 900hp.

Clint used to be part owner of Turboimports.com back in the early part of 2000. Owned the badest SC300 and Supra.
11/23/09 7:40 PM
johnnypayne
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather drop a 20B into an RX-3, I've never driven a supra that I liked
11/23/09 9:04 PM
ArmbarKing
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course there are fast Supra's, it's just a joke. A supra is the current king of the standing mile with a top speed of 246.x mph. They are amazing cars when not riced out.
11/24/09 10:00 PM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/09 10:01 PM
That boostlogic supra is not really a street car and has been lightened quite a bit.

You can near the pebbles beating against floors that no longer have the sound deadening and carpeting.

Boostlogic has approached me to build to design them a sensor for thier shifter after the twin turbo ford GT laid down 222mph on it's first ever run out of the box.

It now has 400 more horsepower and will be running a lot more boost in the lower gears.

Of course, it still has a full interior, A/C, and a nice sound system.

We'll see how they do in january at the everglades jetport standing mile competition.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.