UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> 2nd Degree Machado Black Belt Seminar Sept 26

9/10/09 10:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Josh J
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.ssgt.us/files/Johnny%20Lee%20Smith%20Seminar%20Madison%209-26-09.pdf

Check out the PDF for more info, or just ask here.

If you want to add a lot to your game in a very short time, this would be great for you. Anyone who has trained under him can attest to the quality of his instruction.
9/11/09 4:32 PM
Josh J

That's actually a really really old logo. I think whoever made the PDF must not have the new one.

This is the newer one:
http://triadmartialarts.com/images/header_left.gif
9/11/09 5:50 PM
Josh J

If you look at that and see a torn anus, that's on you. Rorschach ink blot tests are supposed to be very telling. I think if you had one done you may see many ani (yes, that's actually the plural form of anus..who knew).

By the way, the triangle represents the "Triad" of martial arts originally taught at Triad. Karate-do, Kobudo, and BJJ.
9/12/09 1:10 AM
williepep
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ that is back when he used to wear those pants

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKmUsVeKp1o

Point fighting circuit/kicking pants/ days aside, your sensei does have a very solid BJJ pedigree.

Your sensei was making the trips to train with Rickson back in the mid 90s. Plus having a solid ranking from C Machado says a lot.

Curious as to what you guys think Rickson's triangle symbol "means"
9/12/09 8:33 AM
Josh J

There is a good chance Great Wolf will be at the seminar. He came to the Machado seminar.

Wilie, Johnny actually lived in Cali for several years while they were filming WMAC Masters. He went through what a lot of traditional martial artists at the time went through. He was a national champion in his martial art, and thought he was bad. He heard of the Gracies and BJJ and was curious. He went to Ricksons house and had his world shattered. He started taking BJJ.
9/12/09 4:39 PM
Josh J

Yeah, we poke fun at him for some of the scenes on that show. It's funny stuff.
9/12/09 9:41 PM
williepep
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh J - There is a good chance Great Wolf will be at the seminar. He came to the Machado seminar.

Wilie, Johnny actually lived in Cali for several years while they were filming WMAC Masters. He went through what a lot of traditional martial artists at the time went through. He was a national champion in his martial art, and thought he was bad. He heard of the Gracies and BJJ and was curious. He went to Ricksons house and had his world shattered. He started taking BJJ.

I remember seeing the triad guys at the grappling tournaments back in those days.

Think I remember Great Wolf from a grappling tournament years ago. A guy I trained with at "Tuscaloosa Grappling Club" wrestled him in a tournament. Had to be him, his dad was all decked out with Native American jewerly and symbols etc on his black leather vest.
9/12/09 11:42 PM
Josh J

I don't know if he would have been competing back then. He's only about blue belt level now. He didn't train in BJJ like Johnny did.

He doens't look like you think he would. He owns a martial arts school now. He looks like some dude who works out a lot. He doesn't look like an indian in real life. As a matter of fact, I don't think there is any indian in their family.

I'm not sure, but I believe Great Wolf's father is very high ranked in a few martial arts. I don't think he's the black leather vest type.
9/13/09 12:19 AM
williepep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o5j60pDiZM

^^^ I think this is the guy

BTW everyone was a "white belt" back then..

seriously it was a grappling tournament in 96 or 97,
9/13/09 12:21 AM
williepep

maybe it was not a vest but rather a satin shiny flashy jacket, but I think it was a vest, it was 96 or 97

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.