UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> The state of DAIDO JUKU (Kudo) in USA?

9/11/09 1:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Shaper108
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have done various Internet searches and I have come up short. I just recently, read a thread about the upcoming seminar in NYC.

Does anyone know if there are any legit BB's with schools in the US at this time?
9/11/09 4:02 PM
khd29
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's up, Shaper. Just saw your response on the other thread.

I came across that Daido Juku information at the Kyokushin4life.com website.

From what I read, there is a class taught in SUNY-Stonybrook. Other than that, that is it.
9/23/09 2:35 PM
Stronghold
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please tell me about this style.
9/23/09 5:32 PM
Shaper108
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daido_Juku

Rules Straight from their website-

The KUDO rules overview Victory or defeat is decided by any direct attack using “punch , kick , elbow , head-butt , throw , etc”. Face protector (Neo headgear KU) must be worn and techniques are to be executed with bare hands and feet. (Fist supporters approved by committee may be used) Also ground techniques such as strangle and joint techniques are allowed to take give up. Grabbing and swinging an opponent and punching , elbowing , head-butting or kicking an opponent with holding “KUDO-GI” are allowed for up to 10 Seconds. But ,the allowed techniques are limited when there is a difference of over 20 Physical Index (height in cm + weight in kg) within the competitors. Attack using elbow ,and head-butt are allowed. Tackle and throwing are allowed. Ground techniques are allowed twice during every 3 minutes of the original match ,extension or re-extension for a maximum of 30 seconds each time.
(edit.)In women's class : Grand techniques will be allowed once, for a maximum of 30 seconds each technique during every 2 minutes of the original match, extension or re-extension, or rematch.

Basically MMA with a GI and headgear, headbutts added, simulated ground and pound, and limited time to work on the ground.
9/23/09 5:36 PM
Shaper108

Edited: 09/23/09 5:36 PM
DOuble post
9/23/09 7:35 PM
Stronghold
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like sport Jiu Jitsu (maybe it is). I wanted to give it a try but never did. I heard the scoring was BS. Like a kick = a crucifix, etc
9/25/09 5:14 AM
villageidiot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It looks like it would be fun & very effective.
9/25/09 8:34 AM
Stronghold

From what I can tell of it from youtube and pics, pancrase looks better overall but that is an opinion. I've only done pancrase as an amatuer to I can't compare it really.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.