UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> Lucky Gi's???

9/13/09 10:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
geraldbb
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone know where to buy these and how much???? They look sick!!!
9/13/09 7:14 PM
dojo stormer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overpriced and over-rated. Bling gis for the affliction crowd. Sorry I'm a bit old school. Hck unbleached for me. It's a gi not a pair of Nike air jordans.
9/13/09 11:24 PM
paulmat
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not entirely sure why, but for some reason, some people are debating if they are "legal" in competitions.
9/14/09 4:06 AM
BjjSchoolGirl
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got mine from OTM in the states. Awesome gi, no complaints.

http://www.onthemat.com/xcart/product.php?productid=631
9/14/09 8:29 PM
tassiemmaloser

I have to admit, I particularly like this line:

"These Lucky Gis are for people who are tired of gis with... stupid ugly logos with men laying on men."

I'll keep my gold weave Atama, but I think it's a cool gi.
9/15/09 7:53 AM
Zangief

www.matrat.us - Best priced & quality GIs on the market.
9/15/09 9:00 AM
jibjab
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canadian training buddy of mine has had his for a few years and does not rate it all. He's a Brown so he's had a few gis in his time.

- Juggs 0.02c
9/15/09 9:32 AM
geraldbb
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool, thanks for the feedback. They can be bought off of Ebay also I found....

I just tore a KF Fighter Gi in half last week, though I think the pants will last forever. I have had a few Atama's and rate the Gi's but not the Pants. Koral was a good gi, but I've never tried a HCK. I like the Gameness Gi's and Krugan, but again no first hand experience.

Anyone about my build (6'3" & 100kg) have something that fits well and lasts????

GBB
9/16/09 12:40 AM
walbjj
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kf (kimono fighter) is a tough gi, havent seen them around for a while. kora is overrated.
as zangief said, matrat.us (padilla and sons) is a great value gi. i will only buy them from now on.
9/16/09 9:38 AM
Tycinio

Gerald, have you tried the Mizuno's? I know some guys complain that they are not a 'bjj' gi, but they are the only gi I wear now and last forever. I have a student who is about you size and fits really well.

As a point of reference, I have Korals, Atamas, a Krugan, and some other odd ones, but rate my Mizuno's the best.
9/16/09 11:27 PM
blakGSR
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone have first hand experience with the Padilla & Sons Gold Weave? (http://www.matrat.us/)

At $90 USD they seem like great value, assuming they dont rip after the first roll.
9/17/09 2:27 AM
tassiemmaloser

Edited: 09/17/09 2:28 AM
They're quite highly regarded - can't speak from experience though

edit: the matrat.us ones, that is
9/17/09 2:44 AM
walbjj
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blakGSR - Does anyone have first hand experience with the Padilla & Sons Gold Weave? (http://www.matrat.us/)

At $90 USD they seem like great value, assuming they dont rip after the first roll.

hey chad, i bought 4 padilla and sons gi's about 2 years ago. still use them. they are a very good gi. as good if not better than my original atama. way better than the koral classic i got 5 years ago, as good as mkimonos.
i cant recommend them enough. excellently made, good fit. very durable.
i got 3 with the logos and 1 that was blank. i prefer the blank ones, u can ask joe if he is stocking the blank ones.
nothing to fault with these gis.
9/17/09 5:00 AM
Zangief

I own an older Padilla single and a now the new Blue Lightwegith, both great GIs. Very light and fit very well. Can't get better value.
9/18/09 1:56 AM
SyN

http://www.kauaikimonos.com/
9/18/09 3:13 AM
eiuwrestler174
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the lucky gi's are strong. the school i trained with in England had a few of them.
9/27/09 2:18 PM
The_Icon

I love my black Lucky Gi. I own a Koral, Atama and my Lucky Gi.

My Lucky Gi is comfortable and breathes well. I won't go so far as to say it's overrated but if you can't afford to get one you really can purchase 2 for the price of this one. The Padilla & Sons will be my next gi to try.

All in all, Lucky Gi is a great gi for a competitor!
12/17/09 6:09 PM
blakGSR
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just some feedback on the Padilla & Sons gis.

I just got a gold weave and have worn it twice so far.
Feels like a great gi, Im very impressed. The quality is high and the thickness of the material and stitching seems impressive. Cost me approx $100 AUD + postage.

Joe Padilla is a good guy with excellent customer service. There was some drama with the postage costs, so Joe rings me from Cali on my mobile phone to sort it all out.
12/17/09 7:07 PM
joemasepoos
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^ How much was the postage ?? ie. Total Cost ? Thanks .

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.