UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Cops can draw blood from drunk driving suspects

9/14/09 1:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
danny A
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/14/09 1:13 AM
You can thank all of those that have killed themselves or otehrs on the road for the current laws. Look at the below page. It's at least 15,000 people a year killed since 1982. If you figure that each person had 30 to 40 relatives and 10 friends that their deaths pissed off then you've got one hell of a block of citizens that are demanding the stiff laws we have today.

http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-driving-statistics.html

Why the fuck can't the bars in the US have a device there that can tell you're over the limit or not?
9/14/09 1:11 AM
Squatdog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some of them do.

Most of the patrons use it as a competition to see who can get the highest reading...
9/14/09 1:13 AM
Bad Karma
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drunk drivers should fucking fry, I have zero problems with this.
9/14/09 1:37 AM
cmcgraw
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fugg the police
9/14/09 1:52 AM
annihil8torz

Bad Karma - Drunk drivers should fucking fry, I have zero problems with this.

I've had two DUI's and finally have quit drinking altogether.  I am very happy that I never hurt anyone in a car accident due to drinking. 

There are some people that have been guilty of drunk driving that have changed their lives for the better.  I see that you want to be rid of the problem.
9/14/09 1:53 AM
DarthChoke
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most countyies in California allow for forced blood draws. Los Angeles County is the exception. Although the CA Vehicle Code allows for forced draws, the liberal, fucked up county of LA will only do forced draws on felony (hurt victims) from a DUI suspect.

A refusal is in automatic 1-yr suspension even if you come back .00% BAC.

BTW, before a person can get a CA driver's license they sign paperwork that says the agree to a chemical test if they are arrested for DUI. They agree to it.
9/14/09 2:24 AM
HardyJenns

I don't pretend to understand the legalities of it but I will say this-- getting your blood drawn is much more ACCURATE than those piece of shit breathalyzers.
9/14/09 2:44 AM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alpo - 
TSMontana - Welcome to red state mentality. Forget about civil liberties.

Um, you're joking, right?  LOL

I wish I was...
9/14/09 2:59 AM
nostripewhite

BLAME THE POLICE, IT'S STREET.

Here, if you refuse to take the test, same as failing and properly so.

Should be jail time, heavy jail time, associated to drunk driving.

Saying they should die is a tad bit extreme.
9/14/09 10:30 AM
pfsjkd
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah "research" by the people who directly profit off DUI arrests

OK, so cite some research to counter it.
9/14/09 10:34 AM
worldfightfan

just wait for a couple deaths and lawsuits from some idiot cop screwing up a blood draw or taking it on a bleeder.

There are already stiff penalties for not taking a breathalyzer. You morons act as if everyone who refuses a breathalyzer test gets off with no penalty.

But hey maybe you need a needle in your ass to finally get the point here.
9/14/09 10:57 AM
gregbrady
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about riding a bike drunk? I have no problem with ppl that do this and do it myself occassionally. You can get a DUI on a bike but you don't need a license to ride a bike so what would the penalties be for refusing?
9/14/09 11:05 AM
disbeliever
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elite Hunting - Don't drive drunk and you don't have any problems.

+1

I like how people are complaining about rights and blah blah. What about the rights of innocent people who are killed because some douche decides to drive home from the bar drunk?

Don't drive drunk, period. Is it that hard to seriously wait a few hours before driving home to let it out of your system? And if your that hammered, sleep where you are.
9/14/09 11:07 AM
disbeliever
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thetruttth71 - 
pfsjkd - The .08 limit is backed up by research.  It wasn't just an arbitrary number. 

yeah "research" by the people who directly profit off DUI arrests

lol jesus
9/14/09 11:15 AM
Lurken

Its just started big time in Texas as of Sep 1. They had been doing it in Dallas County on party weekends like Texas- Ou weekend . They call them blood weekends. They had Judges stay up at night and issue search warrants at night by telephon..

They will not stick the needle in you if there is a threat that someone will get hurt doing it. Meaning they are not gonna use 5 cops to dogpile you and stick a needle to you. Chances are someone will get hurt. Too much liability. RESIST LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER. TELL THEM YOU DO NOT WISH TO HURT ANY OFFICERS BUT YOU FEEL THE THE BLOOD DRAW IS A VIOLATION OF YOUR RIGHTS! DONT LET THEM STRAP YOU INTO A RESTRAINT CHAIR. GET IN A CORNER AND SANDBAG AND THRASH LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER!
9/14/09 11:16 AM
Lurken

The .08 limit is backed up by research.

^^^ BULLSHIT ON THAT. MADD PUSHED THAT SHIT IN TX. SMALL WOMAN HAS 1 COCKTAIL AFTER WORK, SHE COULD HIT .08 EASY
9/14/09 11:16 AM
disbeliever

Lurken - Its just started big time in Texas as of Sep 1. They had been doing it in Dallas County on party weekends like Texas- Ou weekend . They call them blood weekends. They had Judges stay up at night and issue search warrants at night by telephon..

They will not stick the needle in you if there is a threat that someone will get hurt doing it. Meaning they are not gonna use 5 cops to dogpile you and stick a needle to you. Chances are someone will get hurt. Too much liability. RESIST LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER. TELL THEM YOU DO NOT WISH TO HURT ANY OFFICERS BUT YOU FEEL THE THE BLOOD DRAW IS A VIOLATION OF YOUR RIGHTS! DONT LET THEM STRAP YOU INTO A RESTRAINT CHAIR. GET IN A CORNER AND SANDBAG AND THRASH LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER!

So im assuming you drive drunk.
9/14/09 11:24 AM
angryinch

ArthurFonzerill - 
angryinch -  unless the drunk driver in question happens to be a cop....then other cops will show up, tell bystanders that the driver isn't drunk, then they'll give the driver something to eat and wait about 6 or 7 hours before administering a blood test or breathalyzer. 

wrong as usual....

Its like in bev hills cop 1, when he goes to CA and sees how uptight everything is. Thats how things are nowadays for the most part. In fact, being a cop makes you more likely to get a dui.

1) many cities make you call out a supervisor if you pull over a cop for dui, the concern is that you will let him off. And when that happends, its pretty much a sure thing. Takes away any discretion the cop might use.

2) along those line, many cops are uptight dick heads, that will f over another cop just as easily as a citizen, in fact many look to do it just so they can be mr. 'by the book'...

Gilbert AZ is known for giving dui's to cops from other cities, and when the blood comes back, it is often under the limit and the case is thrown out
lol @ this.  The scenario I posted, which you apparently thought was a hypothetical, was a 100% completely real incident that happened right here in the lovely city of Miami.   A female cop was driving home late at night from a night of partying.  She was driving her squad car...she was dressed in her party clothes...and happened to crash into a parked car.  Witnesses came out and told the investigating cops that they believed she was intoxicated.  What did the cops do?  Well, they took her aside, gave her something to eat, told the witnesses to fuck off, then didn't test her BAC level for something like 6 or 8 hours, by which time she had sobered up enough to be legal.  

I made a thread about the incident.  If it hasn't been deleted, feel free to look it up.  So no, I'm not wrong.  

9/14/09 11:25 AM
sacredhate
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lurken - The .08 limit is backed up by research.

^^^ BULLSHIT ON THAT. MADD PUSHED THAT SHIT IN TX. SMALL WOMAN HAS 1 COCKTAIL AFTER WORK, SHE COULD HIT .08 EASY

if the woman hits .08 after one drink then she shouldn't drink before driving...you don't have a right to "one drink" if that drink makes you drunk.

I'm all for the roadside blood-test...now someone needs to come up with a better way of determining alcohol levels so it's easier to administer...but I am all for it.
9/14/09 11:25 AM
Lurken

So im assuming you drive drunk

No sir. But I'll be damned if I become a victim of some tee totaler goody two shoe cop that does not beleieve in ANY drinking. have a drink at happy hour on the way home and Joe DWI task force cop sitting across the street from the bar follows you until you fail to signal a turn 100 ft continuously and pulls you over. You are going to fuckin jail. It will cost you about 10 grand for a good enough lawyer to prove your innocence.
9/14/09 11:27 AM
Lurken

lol @ this. The scenario I posted, which you apparently thought was a hypothetical, was a 100% completely real incident that happened right here in the lovely city of Miami. A female cop was driving home late at night from a night of partying. She was driving her squad car...she was dressed in her party clothes...and happened to crash into a parked car. Witnesses came out and told the investigating cops that they believed she was intoxicated. What did the cops do? Well, they took her aside, gave her something to eat, told the witnesses to fuck off, then didn't test her BAC level for something like 6 or 8 hours, by which time she had sobered up enough to be legal.

I made a thread about the incident. If it hasn't been deleted, feel free to look it up. So no, I'm not wrong.

^^ she was a diabetic dumbass. quit your pussy aching about it. you would think she ran over your grandma.
9/14/09 11:29 AM
disbeliever

Lurken - The .08 limit is backed up by research.

Then she shouldn't be driving, simple. OR heres an idea you jackass, instead of drinking that one cocktail and driving home right away, she drink a cocktail, and hang out for an hour or 2 with her friends, while it wears off?
9/14/09 11:30 AM
disbeliever

Lurken - So im assuming you drive drunk

No sir. But I'll be damned if I become a victim of some tee totaler goody two shoe cop that does not beleieve in ANY drinking. have a drink at happy hour on the way home and Joe DWI task force cop sitting across the street from the bar follows you until you fail to signal a turn 100 ft continuously and pulls you over. You are going to fuckin jail. It will cost you about 10 grand for a good enough lawyer to prove your innocence.

I agree this, like anything else, can be exploited. However, if it deters people from driving drunk, I am all for it.
9/14/09 11:38 AM
angryinch

Lurken - lol @ this. The scenario I posted, which you apparently thought was a hypothetical, was a 100% completely real incident that happened right here in the lovely city of Miami. A female cop was driving home late at night from a night of partying. She was driving her squad car...she was dressed in her party clothes...and happened to crash into a parked car. Witnesses came out and told the investigating cops that they believed she was intoxicated. What did the cops do? Well, they took her aside, gave her something to eat, told the witnesses to fuck off, then didn't test her BAC level for something like 6 or 8 hours, by which time she had sobered up enough to be legal.

I made a thread about the incident. If it hasn't been deleted, feel free to look it up. So no, I'm not wrong.

^^ she was a diabetic dumbass. quit your pussy aching about it. you would think she ran over your grandma.
diabetic my ass.  More like drunken party girl.  Had it been anyone but a cop in that same situation, diabetic or not, they would have gotten a breathalyzer at the scene. Go cry to someone else. 

9/14/09 11:40 AM
Lurken

Then she shouldn't be driving, simple. OR heres an idea you jackass, instead of drinking that one cocktail and driving home right away, she drink a cocktail, and hang out for an hour or 2 with her friends, while it wears off?

Simple for you assmunch. maybe she does not have an hour or two to fuckin sit around. You know shit like familial obligations. Child care. Work!! Its called happy hour. Not happy three to four hours.

How about a beer or cocktail with super. Are they supposed to sit after dinner for two hours before they go home?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.