UnderGround Forums

GirlGround >> Contemplating A Breast Reduction

12/10/09 11:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dragonflycruz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

clinzyrva - I'd like to hear more from women that did it. How much time did you have to take off of training (and what do you train)? I had a consult a few years ago, and my doctor told me 6 months with absolutely NO jiu jitsu. Not even drills. I don't want to take that much time off, but I absolutely want the surgery. I'm waiting for another BJJ injury to knock me off the mats, and I'll just do them both at once, I think. I'm sick of the back issues and sick of my chest always being in the way. It would also be nice to be able to run again.

For those of you who are a little more well-endowed, I can't tell you how much getting the proper bra matters. If you haven't been sized by someone who makes a living selling bras to women with big tatas, go find someone that does it now. I don't mean the 82 year old woman at the mall, either. Go to a specialty shop. Before I found my bra woman, I was wearing bras that were horribly fitted to try and accommodate the girls. A well-fitting bra makes a HUGE difference (no pun intended).

If you do have it done, do exactly as your doctor says. It will make all the difference in the way you look permanently after the healing is finished. I know of a woman who had an augmentation, she didn't follow the rules on exercise, and since then she has had 6 more surgeries to correct the damages she did by weight lifting. Her scars have doubled, and she's still not shaped right.

My mom had a reduction and she's been extremely happy ever since. Her back issues have stopped, her shirts fit better, and she has a "normal" bra size which makes it easier and cheaper to find cute bras now.

On a side note, I've come accross some WONDERFUL sports bras by Victoria's Secret for my size. They hold me in place, and I don't look like I have an unoboob.
12/10/09 11:38 AM
clinzyrva

dragonflycruz - 
If you do have it done, do exactly as your doctor says. It will make all the difference in the way you look permanently after the healing is finished. I know of a woman who had an augmentation, she didn't follow the rules on exercise, and since then she has had 6 more surgeries to correct the damages she did by weight lifting. Her scars have doubled, and she's still not shaped right.

My mom had a reduction and she's been extremely happy ever since. Her back issues have stopped, her shirts fit better, and she has a "normal" bra size which makes it easier and cheaper to find cute bras now.

On a side note, I've come accross some WONDERFUL sports bras by Victoria's Secret for my size. They hold me in place, and I don't look like I have an unoboob.

I remember shopping at Victoria's Secret, in high school. I don't think they go over a D or DD cup, which isn't going to work for me at all. I have an Enell that I had custom-made (which is great!), and I also have Fantasie and Panache sports bras now. They fit more like an actual bra, but with considerable support.

Thanks for the advice about the exercise...I figured he was just saying that to be super-cautious, and that I'd be able to do drills sooner than that, but maybe he knows what he's talking about.
12/14/09 9:02 AM
Stronghold
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make sure you get the lift also. Perky is best irregardless of the size!
12/14/09 2:13 PM
dragonflycruz

did you know that to get a lift is double the price of an augmentation ? WTF if costs more to enhance what you have than it does to stick fake in ?????
12/15/09 9:59 AM
Stronghold
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll bet, slapping in implants is easier than the artistry of many small incisions and stitches done just so.
1/3/10 9:01 PM
sam11610

My friend (22) had it done after she had her daughter, she was a 38DD, she went down to a 36C.  She's glad that she had it done, but she wishes she would have stayed a bit bigger.  She is happy that all of her back and neck pain has resolved though.
1/20/10 10:22 AM
Stronghold

Wow, HC, we had no idea you'd had that done.
1/21/10 8:13 AM
Stronghold

Are you more self conscious now that before the surgery? If so, was it worth it?
1/26/10 12:04 AM
cincibill

A friend had the surgery during college. When she played H.S. basketball, they nearly beat her silly when she ran the court.

IMO I thought she missed middle ground and went too small, but she did look more in proportion and clothes fit her much better. She did say she had some loss of sensation. Sorry, don't know how it worked out long term.
2/6/10 3:51 AM
5150ginny

I had mine done by having a kid I was a 36DDD and am 5'3 and weighed 100 pounds be for I had my kid while preg I went to a 38F and only weighed 135 pounds after I had her I had alot of medical problems with my boobs they had to give me all kinds of meds to stop the the problem now 11 years latter I am 125 pounds and am a 36DD but they are a small DD so I don't have a much trouble now as I once did but if having them reduced is what you want go for it but do it for you and noone else and read alot on it the bad thing a bout a lift is you have to get them redone every so many years but thats what a DR. I talked to told me might be different for others I would do alot of reading before you do anything
2/22/10 2:35 AM
ArmbarCity
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smith - 
ArmbarCity - Any of you girls had this done or know someone who has?

A friend of mine had it done. She regretted it every day. Everyone hated her and she lived with a traveling circus in Egypt with terrorist connections. She was recently assassinated by a team of Mossad agents disguised as painters, garbage men, and bell hops.

LOL That's how I would feel if you lost your thigh mass. :P

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.