UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> Rubens "Cobrinha" Charles in Australia

9/16/09 12:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
richardkua
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4 x World Champion Rubens Cobrinha Charles will be visiting Australia and will be travelling to a few states.

He will be coming down from the Oct. 31 - Nov. 5.

Limited slots available.

More details to come!

To register interest, please contact Richard
m: 0424 181 404
e: richardkua@yahoo.com
9/16/09 12:37 AM
walbjj
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holy shit, where will he be? states and gyms?
being alliance, who is bringing him here and im guessing no affilation issues
9/16/09 1:07 AM
richardkua

Hi walbjj

We're yet to confirm the other states.

The state that's confirmed for now is in Melbourne, Victoria

Everybody is welcome!

Please send me an email (email address above) of your details walbjj so I can register you since there are only limited slots available.

Thanks! Great to see the enthusiasm!
9/16/09 2:29 AM
bluesky

Bring him to Sydney please!
9/16/09 3:02 AM
JJK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Count me in for anytime he spends in Sydney or anywhere in NSW!!!. I'll email you shortly!
9/16/09 5:25 AM
walbjj
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellows2k@hotmail.com

i thought u were located in sydney. u competed against one of our purple belts in a recent gi comp
9/16/09 7:57 AM
gumby1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ditto Sydney!
9/16/09 10:07 AM
BenBJJ
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sydney +1
9/17/09 7:34 PM
LEMon
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys i want to host him but i need a minimum otherwise i'm gonna end up running aloss, Cobs isnt cheap!

Email me at info@vt1gym.com if you want to come so i can get an idea of numbers.

Would people prefer one day or 2?
9/17/09 7:43 PM
BenBJJ
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would go, depending on how much it will be, no more than $120.
9/17/09 7:50 PM
bluesky

Agreed with BenBJJ.
Let's not get carried away with pricing.
9/17/09 8:14 PM
BenBJJ

1 day i think.
9/17/09 11:34 PM
gumby1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 hours, $120 seems to be the going rate at the moment! I probably couldn't justify going much more cash than that.
Happy to head down the freeway to VT1, too!
9/18/09 12:00 AM
LEMon
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL@ the people saying lets not get carried away with pricing.

Let me point out it depends on a few things, firstly if its a big seminar its cheaper, if its smaller (say 15-20 people) its gotta be more expensive. It depends on the cost and im asking them right now so can figger it out. Dont want to end up footing the bill because people have unrealistic expectations of how much he costs.
9/18/09 12:14 AM
bluesky

Edited: 09/18/09 12:18 AM
Roughly speaking how many people do you need to justify $120 for a 1 day seminar?

Better to throw it out there now then get caught later with a people not liking the numbers. My opinion is, interest will not be the issue, cost and crowd in the room will be the determining factor.
9/18/09 1:03 AM
BenBJJ

...and i want to do technique with LEMon!

Also, I expect a rider...
9/18/09 1:19 AM
LEMon

Guys what i'll do is i think 120 is what i would also expect to pay and i will just set the limit of people so it covers that...keeps everyone happy. That should keep numbers low as well i think, happy to have anyone down from any association of course, can maybe organize some rolling after for fun.
9/18/09 1:23 AM
BenBJJ

I would roll after... but I, I, I hurt my rib playing tennis...
9/18/09 3:05 AM
dojo stormer
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BenBJJ - I would roll after... but I, I, I hurt my rib jerking off...

fixed
10/9/09 11:13 PM
richardkua

Hi all

I regret to inform that due to issues with his US visa for his return trip from the ADCC in Barcelona, his visit to Australia will have to be postponed to a later date.

As soon as the new date is finalized, I will post the new details in the forum.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any other queries.

Thanks for your patience and looking forward.

Kind Regards

Richard Kua
e: richardkua@yahoo.com
p: +61 424 181 404
10/10/09 6:03 AM
walbjj

man, seems like all the seminars and stars that u tried to bring in fell thru, wtf
10/10/09 8:18 PM
Tycinio

I'm pretty sure it's not Richards fault that Cobrinha's visa didn't come through. I have brought guys out for seminars before, and recently had to cancel another because of these sorts of things. Not as easy as it looks.

But I'm sure walbjj will be bringing a big name out for us all to train with very soon! Thanks walbjj, I'll be there!! :)
10/11/09 6:11 AM
walbjj

Tycinio - I'm pretty sure it's not Richards fault that Cobrinha's visa didn't come through. I have brought guys out for seminars before, and recently had to cancel another because of these sorts of things. Not as easy as it looks.

But I'm sure walbjj will be bringing a big name out for us all to train with very soon! Thanks walbjj, I'll be there!! :)

actually, funny that u should bring that up, im in talks now with carlinhos to bring in the gb quartet of roger gracie, romulo barral, braulio estima and marcio feitosa for a blockbuster seminar tour of the eastern seaboard.
it will be a massive 3 hour seminar for only $120.
numbers r limited to 40 and will include a videotape of the seminar as well as a complimentary seminar tshirt in 100% heavy drill cotton.
watch this space for details
10/11/09 6:12 AM
walbjj

unfortunately, due to the swine flu, gfc and the faltering US$, the GB Quartet seminar has been put on the backburner.
it really sucks, there was a lot of interest for this fantastical event
10/11/09 8:22 AM
Tycinio

LOL! Nice comeback. :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.