9/17/09 12:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
monkey
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/25/09 2:57 PM

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=8221502

Some of you may know the story about Scott Harper

For those who do not here is what happened to him:

This all started in late August when Scott was doing some intensive training for the then up coming MMA Event for US Troops in Iraq when he started having severe headaches. He finally blacked out and found himself in the back of an ambulance; then blacked out again and woke up in Savannah in ICU. His scan showed 2 spots on his brain. The Dr. wanted to try to wait and see if the clot would absorb back in and after a few days cleared Scott to go home. Once home, he got progressively worse; instead of just waiting, his wife, Georgia, decided they needed a second opinion. She got Scott to Jacksonville that day and within 90 minutes of checking in, he was on the table for surgery!

I cannot even start to guess what was going on through poor Georgia's head and the fear she must have felt. The Dr's there told him that if he had waited a few more days, they could have been his last. They had to remove 60% of his skull in order to reach the area of the brain that needed work. They had to replace areas of his skull with titanium plates. Scott said that he won't be able to fight anymore. Several months back we were talking about how last year he felt he was losing his drive, but all of that had changed and he once again sounded excited to be in there, cage door locked and putting it all on the line.

Scott has always been a close friend of mine. He has spent the night here many times when he was training in Forsyth and we would cut up like two high school kids. He cornered me in my fight and I have always been proud to know him and call him my friend. It was hard not to cry when I was talking to him, but once I got off the phone, I sat outside alone with my tears... I felt ripped apart.

Scott held a MMA record of 10 – 7 competing in such events as the WEC against Logan Clark. He has also competed in several NAGA, Casca Grossa, and other local grappling tournaments taking home first place.

He has fought for us for many years before MMA had ever heard his name.

Scott was in the Airforce where he served time in Kuwait during Desert Storm fighting for our freedom, and is a Major for the Coffee county sheriff Office where he has been fighting to help clean our streets since 1995.

Scott has 3 kids and a wife who had to take time off from work to look after him.

This is the time that the MMA community shows its real magic and what sportsmanship is all about.

Below is a link to help off set the medical bills from his brain surgery and household bills until he can be cleared to get back to work to once again serving his community.

At this time we are talking to some possible sponsors that may give away free shirts/ DVD and so on to people who donate 50.00 and even more for higher amounts.
Every bit counts though so if all you can afford is 5 dollars it will still help.

In our times with the economy the way it is, you can still do two things to help out Scott even if you can not donate any money. You can email this link out to everyone in your email list and post it all over Facebook and you can help keep it to the top for others to see.

Scott Harpers Highlight Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdhD8E8ik60

Thanks,
Matthew Waller

So far, if you donate 50 dollars or more you will get :

A Bullet t-shirt from Tony Metcalfe and Robi Ramey

2 tickets to the GTO Fight Night in Griffin, GA on Oct. 17th Cam McHargue/Team Praxis

If you don't have a paypal account but still want to donate money you can make out a check to Scott and mail it to :

Waller
2947 Crestline Drive
Macon Ga 31204
9/17/09 12:07 AM
Elias Cepeda
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
Elias Cepeda
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdhD8E8ik60
Elias Cepeda

9/17/09 12:12 AM
monkey

Edited: 09/17/09 12:12 AM
Elias Cepeda Thanks man.. this was the "Code" to the button .. not sure if it would work here or not..

9/17/09 12:14 AM
Elias Cepeda

9/17/09 7:36 AM
monkey

ttt
9/17/09 7:26 PM
monkey

up
9/17/09 7:44 PM
DavidOblas
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

let me know what you need.
9/17/09 8:16 PM
monkey

Shirts/ Event DVD's anything that you want to throw into the deal so that when someone gives 50 dollars or 100 dollars they are getting some product.

I liked your idea about the tickets so that if local people wanted to get tickets to shows that were coming up instead of Shirts and other items but the only way to seperate the the two would be to have two donation sites.

I would love it if you wanted to do something like that on
www.georgiafighters.com

It is about trying to get money to help a fellow friend and fighter.
9/17/09 10:20 PM
James Thorpe
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
9/17/09 11:26 PM
DikCoxxx

Edited: 09/17/09 11:29 PM
scott is one of my best friends in the bussiness and has always had my back even when i was in the wrong. you couldnt ask for a more solid human being and hes a great fighter that just before his accident had a rebirth to train and be a better fighter. please help with this fundraiser. the S.F.C. will also be doing a fundraiser at our next event on sept 26th in thomasville,GA.
9/17/09 11:27 PM
DikCoxxx

TTT for waller setting this up!
9/17/09 11:50 PM
wandyfan86

can he still do bjj tournys? ttt for scott harper tho... had the chance to meet and train with him... class act
9/18/09 12:30 AM
DikCoxxx

ttt
9/18/09 12:34 AM
SMACDADDY
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOW! Had no idea all this was going on. I'm just about 45 minutes up the road from him. Heart and prayers go out to him for a healthy recovery.
9/18/09 8:25 AM
benmma

ttt
9/18/09 10:15 PM
vatoloco

Casca Grossa, Owner
UP
9/18/09 10:24 PM
DikCoxxx

ttt
9/19/09 2:07 AM
Adam Singer
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will give the first person that donates, a free hour private (worth 100$) if you donate 50 to this fund.

Adam Singer
9/19/09 8:08 AM
Malachy Friedman
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
9/19/09 1:10 PM
Doomsday

Adam Singer - I will give the first person that donates, a free hour private (worth 100$) if you donate 50 to this fund.

Adam Singer

TTT ~~~ This is a great offer!
9/19/09 6:44 PM
monkey

Adam! Thanks man! That is the kinda stuff I am talking about!

I will let you know when the first 50 hits the books.

If anyone else has anything like this they want to offer.. please feel free to jump in also !

Thanks again Adam !
M
9/19/09 6:57 PM
BRINGTHAPAIN

I want a small portion of my donation to go towards changing the song on Scott's highlight video. hah JAY KAY
9/19/09 7:51 PM
monkey

ROBI RAMEY was the first ! ( He may need to get 2 hours! )

Michael Erwin from Deerfield Beach, FL was the second just incase!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.