UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Yan Can Help Your Hot Wings

9/17/09 7:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
crescentwrench
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/17/09 7:34 PM

I like hot wings but always eat the flappers out of obligation so I don't look like an ass just going for the drumettes. I try to make sure I have at least an even number in case anyone's keeping count, because I know I am.  If it's just me and the wife I will go so far as to take all the flappers to give her the easy ones because she's all dainty and I do eat them like I would a cartoon fish, just stick it all in and pull out bare bones.  Anyway, Martin Yan shows you how to turn your flapper into a drumette so you don't have this moral conundrum. It's at the very end of the vid, after he breaks down (not debones) the chicken. 
9/24/09 1:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
alpo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ha, that's pretty cool. 

However, I learned a long time ago that the secret to flappers is to pull the bones out first with your fingers and eat all the meat at once.  I just break the pointy forearm part off at the elbow, rip out the skinnier bone, then push the remaining thicker bone though where the shoulder would be.  Then you just have a giant wad of meat that you can put in your mouth at once (that's what she said).  With practice, it only takes a few seconds and makes them easier to eat than drumettes.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.