UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> Example of why I dont support shelter/"rescue" dog

9/19/09 6:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HuntingtonPUNK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know people working to save dogs, give them a second chance at life are doing it with the best intentions, they love animals

I personally suggest people getting dogs from breeders that have proven multiple generations of dogs with sound temperments and health, keeping breed standards.

getting a pound dog/rescue/shelter or whatever you want to call them can work out but a dog with a questionable past or even a past thats known to have been abuse can turn on its owners/kids one day for no reason. It happens all the time, its like a foster kid, most dont end up being standing citizens in society because of their past.

here's an example of a Pit Mix, a family took in and one day it decides to turn on its owners that loved the dogs and treated it as a family memeber. Is it the dogs fault? Probably not, it should have been put down a long time ago and this wouldnt have happened

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new..._update_091809

MikeZev can call me an idiot but this is how i see it, well bred dogs need homes also and these millions of dollars spent each year trying to rehab abused dogs, shelter street dogs could be used to feed millions of kids that arent eating tonight.
9/21/09 3:34 PM
MikeZev
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eh. theres never gonna be an end to this debate. you know a dog never "just snaps for no reason".

there are irresponsible shelter and rescue organizations just like there are irresponsible breeders. i support neither.
9/21/09 3:37 PM
MikeZev
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just a question out of curiosity.. what do you think about rescuing dogs involved in alleged fight busts, for example?
10/27/09 2:10 PM
Morgz
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe I would even bring  myself to address this thread.  There is really no way to do it properly other than to say you are wrong.  A few examples of rescues "snapping" (which is never for no reason) in no way reflects on the thousands of others that never snap.  Nor are they any more or less likely to be well behaved dogs then those from a for profit breeder.  And believe me, there are plenty of breeders out there that re-producing less than desirable temperments.  I say just don't be a lazy owner and work with your dog.

Nothing at all wrong with purchasing a well bred dog from a reputable breeder.  But to say doing anything other than that is negative is just ridiculous.
11/5/09 1:05 AM
Wet

HuntingtonPUNK - I know people working to save dogs, give them a second chance at life are doing it with the best intentions, they love animals

I personally suggest people getting dogs from breeders that have proven multiple generations of dogs with sound temperments and health, keeping breed standards.

getting a pound dog/rescue/shelter or whatever you want to call them can work out but a dog with a questionable past or even a past thats known to have been abuse can turn on its owners/kids one day for no reason. It happens all the time, its like a foster kid, most dont end up being standing citizens in society because of their past.

here's an example of a Pit Mix, a family took in and one day it decides to turn on its owners that loved the dogs and treated it as a family memeber. Is it the dogs fault? Probably not, it should have been put down a long time ago and this wouldnt have happened

MikeZev can call me an idiot but this is how i see it, well bred dogs need homes also and these millions of dollars spent each year trying to rehab abused dogs, shelter street dogs could be used to feed millions of kids that arent eating tonight.

Your a moron
11/6/09 5:18 PM
RearNakedJoke

Wet - 
HuntingtonPUNK - I know people working to save dogs, give them a second chance at life are doing it with the best intentions, they love animals

Your a moron
glad somebody said it

11/19/09 9:43 PM
TRoberts

This is ignorant...

ANY canine can turn on it's owner regardless of breed or pedigree... even cats go nutty sometimes. Most shelters won't adopt a dog to people with children for this very reason.

Shelters that are rehabilitating abused/aggressive dogs should definitely interview anyone looking to adopt and assure that the people are capable.
11/25/09 1:19 PM
Humboldt JuiJitsu
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would be curious to see that stats:

How many kids have been abused or even murdered by their parents
VS.
How many people have been injured or even killed because they were "attacked" by their family pet
11/25/09 2:14 PM
MikeZev

it is indeed a fact that more children are killed every year by their parents than by dogs in the US
9/8/10 4:19 PM
chris colquitt
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in that case, i no longer support parents. they are a detriment to the welfare of children.
9/15/10 9:06 PM
Martinez!

Sityodtong Muay Thai, Trainer

Every time you post, I am saddened by the depths of ignorance and stupidity humans are capable of. Amazingly, I think you've actually gotten stupider over the years--if such a thing were even possible.

If you get a dumber, you will become a singularity of stupidity, pulling us all do--

Oh. Fuck. Nevermind, too late.
4/11/11 11:32 PM
NonIntervention

The OP is a self confessed dog fighter. Who cares what he thinks.
6/26/12 5:50 PM
furyjury

I know that I have two dogs that I rescued and they are so well behaved and wonderful. They have never hurt anyone, never snapped at anyone or another dog and I have had them both for almost four years now. They won't even run at a person running by the house. The worst thing they do is bark when they hear a car pull into the drive way.

There are so many animals out there that are wonderful, but don't have a home. I can't see how you would say that rescue dogs are bad... I tend to believe that mutts are some of the best behaved dogs that at least I have ever come across.
12/13/12 12:27 AM
HardHittingHeeb

My experience with rescue dogs has been overwhelmingly negative. Granted it isn't necessarily reflective of rescue dogs as a whole, but I have come to the opinion that abused rescue dogs are like crackbabies.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.