UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Down to 2 bikes.Hayabusa or Honda CBR1000rr?

3/1/10 11:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chainbelt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unless you get a hardley...yesterdays tech for tomorrows prices!

suzuki on fire in WSBK...ducs fast as usual..poor chris v.
3/3/10 3:42 AM
White347LX

deafwoody - I think the handling goes to the Honda.

Then Power,weight and overall performance goes to the BMW.

Honda has ABS braking but I think it comes with almost 30 more pounds of weight.The BMW race ABS weighs only 4 lbs.

BMW has traction control and quick shift(u don't have to use the clutch to shift).

The BMW comes in at 193 hp(at the crank) and the Honda is around 177hp.I also think the BMW has 5 ft/lbs of torque more then the honda.

Honda has the edge of being around longer and have a very reliable name in the superbike market but I really don't think BMW is going to enter the superbike market and not be prepared.

Like the looks of the BMW better but that is personal opinion.

Other then that whatever bike u buy u will not go wrong.

Cheers

Granted I have not had either on the track yet but the BMW definitely has more power than the CBR1000rr. It matches the CBR's awesome midrange and pulls away at the top of each gear. I honestly think it handles just as well as the Honda too, but the BMW's electronics were fucking with me too much to tell for sure.

A friend of mine who is a Honda salesman let me ride a 09 REPSOL demo bike to the BMW dealer in Iowa City for the S1000R test rides last December. The BMW rep was ecstatic that I showed up on it and we did some "comparison" runs on I80. I do think the BMW is the superior machine in every way but those bikes are selling for full sticker price while Honda dealers are cutting deep on CBR1000RR prices these days. I don't know if the BMW is worth the extra $4-5K for me since the Honda is already 10 times the bike I can handle on the track.
3/3/10 4:29 AM
crazydave
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude!!!  How could you not go for the motorsport colour scheme?  Its soooooooooo hot in person.

I am booked in for a test on it next week.  Will more than likley order it with the motorsport paint and an akro full system.
3/3/10 1:06 PM
Chainbelt

Edited: 03/03/10 1:10 PM
and the ebay prices on cbrs are up 500 to a 1000 now due to spring...probably will go fast.<br /><br />i cant wait to see what vw does with a bike.

best looking in wsbk imo:

rsv
bmw
duc
cbr
gsxr
zx
r1
3/7/10 8:38 PM
Sothy

thanks guys, in truth, I'm only thinking of starting biking...would get either a 125cc honda or a used 250cc to start...;o)
3/7/10 8:38 PM
Sothy

ps. enjoy the new bikes!
3/7/10 10:07 PM
deafwoody

Thanks can't wait till it comes in.....The CBR was originally my other choice as far as litrebikes go.

I originally thought the BMW in red white and blue wasn't worth the extra $650 but I have to say after seeing it up close it looks sharp.

I don't think u can go wrong with any of the BMW colours just which one u like better.

Also I don't think alot of people realize that there aren't too many people out there that can ride these bikes to anywhere close to there limit......Just bragging rights to most of us.....lol
3/8/10 12:46 AM
Wardance5
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looks like bmw copied the r1 and r6 body
3/11/10 8:38 AM
crazydave
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

deafwoody -  I originally thought the BMW in red white and blue wasn't worth the extra $650 but then i manned up and decided i wanted to kick ass at life so i went for it.

nice work man!
3/13/10 9:02 PM
deafwoody

crazydave - 
deafwoody -  I originally thought the BMW in red white and blue wasn't worth the extra $650 but then i manned up and decided i wanted to kick ass at life so i went for it.

nice work man!

May not be an exact quote but I'll agree with u....lol

Let me know what u get....The akra exhaust won't happen for me till next year but it def will happen.
3/28/10 1:43 PM
deafwoody

Decided the Icon helmet didn't fit me that great after finding my old suomy(thought I sold it with my last bike).

Anyway it's a Arai corsair V..........

Ended up getting a great deal on it and it fits awesome

7/27/10 1:57 PM
deafwoody

So it was good to hear the bike I bought was awarded bike of the year by motorcyclist magazine..

I love my BMW S1000rr
7/29/10 12:14 PM
big_slacker
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice bike, very cool helmet. I still cant understand why there is never a lo-carb/blue version of the monster logo'd stuff. :D
8/14/10 2:00 PM
deafwoody

8/24/10 10:47 AM
White347LX

Awesome bike.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.