UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> DPTS for LEO

9/20/09 10:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Shire
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DPTS will start new instructor programs very soon. This system is based on teaching every cop what works 99 % of the time to prevent injury and effect arrests. 12 years in the making, researched, tested against trained fighters and other police tactics systems.

Website is under construction, but you can see the basics at:

www.dpts.us
9/25/09 10:48 PM
Shire
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DPTS held a class today with LEo's; one was a former marine countersniper....he was trained by special forces, and learned more from this 4 hours from this course than he thought he would. Be aware, learn from DPTS.
3/4/10 12:31 AM
Shire

ttt, instructor program coming soon.
3/4/10 11:00 PM
LeftBench
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shire,
Care to go into a bit more detail on what is covered? I checked out the web site but there isn't much info. Thanks in advance
3/15/10 11:34 PM
Shire

Leftbench...email me:

rwduhamell@yahoo.com

The web site has been slow to improve, mostly my fault. I am very busy mma trainer/officer/detective, and husband.
3/19/10 12:43 AM
Shire

Let me make this clear: I have more than 30 years experience with LEO's. Many years in MA- 12 years in kickboxing, MMA including work with Dan Severn thing is...most of it is not teachable to 40 yr old cops. DPTS is meant to teach ALL COPS what works in time of need. Tested against real fighters and taught to real cops. No BS shit to make a trainer feel important, this system works!
3/19/10 6:40 PM
Team Python
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I viewed your site and appears that your MA background is mostly Karate. What do you teach that makes your program work better than other programs? I don't see a grappling background so that means you don't teach any ground control techniques.
3/19/10 11:43 PM
Shire

My MA background is anything but mostly karate! I am a 7th dan and I did earn top ten status as competitor in Masters fighting division in 1996-97. For 11 years I was assistant state director of kickboxing for the PKC, my team had 5 national champions, and I earned National Trainer of the year. I was also assistant wrestling coach for local HS for 4 years. I have been promoter/trainer/manager of Kombat Zone MMA events since mid 90's, where Chris Lytle and others started MMA. I assisted Dan Severn start his Danger Zone MMA, and in fact provided him with info on what is needed to teach police officers wile being his announcer and helped with his training, which he now has a program for (actually for years now). I have been a PPCT instructor for 6 years, and then developed DPTS after finding many holes in other programs. I have worked and trained with many ground fighters, some Jujitsu BB's; but the thing is many cops cant/wont train...so you have to develop a program they can do without a lot of technical training; and one that is tested against other officers AND fighters. This is what DPTS has done.
3/19/10 11:52 PM
Shire

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I was certified as an academy police instructor by my police academy BEFORE I was a certified police officer. This in part because of my history/training/experience.

I have been a certified full time police officer since 1992, started LEO in 1990. I have had 2 police training videos put out years ago, and many officer love the skills. I have just been so busy with my career (working the streets and running my local PAL club/Kombat Zone MMA etc), I have not been able to market my program. Now, nearing my retirement, I want to get this stuff out there to help save lives, and give the average officer a good solid set of skills that work!
3/19/10 11:58 PM
Shire

Man this sounds like bragging! I dont mean it too... but many police trainers have no experience as a police officer, nor as a fighter. They teach fancy techniques that officers cant get, and wont work under high stress situations.

While I was a Marine in 1975, my platoon helped teach LA Swat how to go from house to house at Charlie village in Camp Pendleton. I was a green belt back then. I can prove anything I am telling you, and will do it myself to show a 53 year old cop can do this!

The handcuffing and arm bar have been on video since 1996.

Just give me a chance to show you!
3/20/10 2:25 AM
Team Python
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well at least we have two things in common....we both were Marines and both love martial Arts. I myself was a DT instructor for my department. We had to teach crap like the M.A.C.H. program and other worthless techniques developed by individuals that have no street cop experience.

I wish you luck in your company...it is a hard business to get into with all these other worhtless companies out there but all it takes is a few good contacts and then you go from there.

Take care Devil Dog

3/21/10 6:05 PM
LeftBench
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shire,
By no means was I questioning your legitimacy, I will definitely shoot you an email!
3/22/10 1:07 AM
Shire

Leftbench/team python:

Good as hell to hear from some real cops here. I do not have a company to speak of, just a training organization...I just train people on the side. I got some guys whom want to have me in their company, I might do that I am not sure. Right now I got two year 6 months until pension, so not sure which steps to take. Please e-mail me so we can chat!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.